P500 Project RAMBO - upgrades and adventures...

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Hello Honda SxS friends. This past Saturday we purchased a new 2018 Pioneer 500 and named it Rambo. This thread will contain a video/photo log of our adventures and experiences with Rambo. Call it...an ownership experience thread. I'll be using my YouTube channel "Southwest ORV" to host the videos. There's a decent chance Rambo will attain prominence over the next few years. Let's get started: here are a few photos of Rambo, brand new at the dealer - newborn... an orphan. These photos were sent to me, by the dealer, before I ever laid eyes on the machine.

IMG 0789 IMG 0790 IMG 0791 IMG 0792

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
On Saturday, October 27th, I met my salesman, Ryan Bigham at the North Valley RideNow store in Phoenix, Arizona. He offered me the best out-the-door price in the state, and was zero-hassle with zero typical "sales" stuff. He had hot chocolate waiting, and the machine out front, clean and ready for me. He said the machine had been pulled out of the crate within the past 2 weeks, and I believe him because of the condition of the little Pioneer. Here are a few photos from when I picked Rambo up from the dealer that day...

IMG 5694 IMG 5698 IMG 5696 IMG 5700

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
That afternoon I got home and everybody - wife and four kids - were beyond excited about the new machine. We all agreed Rambo was the right name for the little rig, and of course, everybody wanted a ride - or to drive - especially mommy. First impression of the little Honda? "JUST RIGHT"

IMG 5706 IMG 5707 IMG 5713

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
This morning, I created a short video to introduce my YouTube channel viewers to "Rambo". My channel - Southwest ORV - has a strong Honda ATV following, because of my tremendous 2016 Honda Rancher video series. The little Pioneer is already receiving a warm welcome from the channel viewers. I hope that in time, Rambo will become a sort of web ambassador for the P500. Here is the first video:

Last edited:
BuckCreek01

BuckCreek01

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2018
Griffin Ga.
Ownership

1. 500
Last edited:
SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
I love the sound of a Honda engine, especially a new one. This sound reminds me exactly of my beloved 2016 Honda Rancher. Here's a recording I took today, with 20 miles and 5.3 hours on the machine. Nothing wow, just curious if it will sound any different with 5000 miles on it...we'll see.

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Here's a video of my first walk-around of the new Pioneer at the dealership the morning I picked it up. I always take a close-up walk around video at the dealer because as you all know, that brand new condition is gone after the first ride, and it never returns. I love these videos - and as my machines age I like to go back and remember how they looked new.

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
This afternoon I took the kids up to the hillside and goofed around with Rambo. Getting to know what the machine can and can't do...how it behaves, etc. Past break-in now, so getting more bold with the throttle, etc. The kids loved taking turns going on rides. I decided to test the effectiveness of the 4WD system on these P5's. So far I'm impressed, it claws along well in 4WD. Here a video showing the performance difference between 2WD and 4WD.

I

Ichybod

Apr 25, 2015
Tucson, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
This afternoon I took the kids up to the hillside and goofed around with Rambo. Getting to know what the machine can and can't do...how it behaves, etc. Past break-in now, so getting more bold with the throttle, etc. The kids loved taking turns going on rides. I decided to test the effectiveness of the 4WD system on these P5's. So far I'm impressed, it claws along well in 4WD. Here a video showing the performance difference between 2WD and 4WD.
Put it in 2nd gear 2WD and try it. It'll probably make it.

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Put it in 2nd gear 2WD and try it. It'll probably make it.
Oh yes, you’re absolutely right. In fact it’ll do it in first if I’m on it. My goal was to test the difference in ”gription” between 2wd and 4wd.

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
40 miles, 10.2 hrs - Here it is...I love the magical moment (so fleeting) when you meet your machine for the first time, and start it for the first time, and know that this machine and this motor will power thousands of miles of adventure, hundreds of hours of fun, and foster memories. This video shows the first time I started my new 2018 Honda Pioneer 500 "Rambo."

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!