PRP Roof bag installation with pictures

T

TahoeMike

Feb 25, 2020
West Sacramento, California
Ownership

1. Talon X
Hi all, I'm going to post the different things I put on the Talon as I go. As I mentioned before, I'm looking for comfort, storage, and protection. Not so much electrical or mechanical mods. This is the first one, the PRP overhead roof bags. I really like the quality of these and the size over the Honda bags. Paid $120 for the them. I think the Honda bags are cheaper, but they are smaller. I used a 6mm hex wrench to remove the two roof bolts on each side and stuck a small handle between the roof and roll bar to get clearance to wrap the velcro. Almost put a wrap of duct tape where each strap goes (I'm particular that way) to protect the roll bar from micro-abrasions, but decided no to for now. I like them, what do you think?

I also removed the door netting. In my experience, it just gets dirty and I don't like buckling and unbuckling it each time I get in and out. I'll have a full front and rear windshield, the lower door inserts and a helmet on always.

Reactions: nitrotmann
Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Depends on where you ride. We ride of camber woods - the nets are great. Keeps tree limb and briers from hitting you on the side of the head and if you tip makes you keep your arms inside.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!