P700 Pulled the trigger on a 700-4 today...

jjau06

jjau06

Feb 22, 2014
Mines a '14 model with 2500 miles and still running strong. Zero mechanical issues. As the others have said it's got a few rattles now, but if you keep it covered in good sticky mud it seems to dampen the rattles. I just added 2" spring spacers, 1.5" wheel spacers and 27" zillas. Huge improvement from the stock ride. Enjoy your 700, it's near bulletproof!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjau06

jjau06

Feb 22, 2014
9a027f9823534fb8aaa4b8c30fc86344

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superfan75

Superfan75

Jul 16, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 700-4
You'll love it ! This things are amazing what they will do. I plow with a six foot plow and it seems like it isn't even trying to push all that snow. They pull like crazy too. Even the gas mileage is good, I don't think this uses any more than my Grizzly 700 did. Enjoy it and have fun making it yours.

Reactions: Mudwing
B

Buzz

Oct 11, 2017
Lubbock, Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
So... I did the deal on a new 2017 700-4 (non-deluxe) today. Bimini top, 1/2 windshield, winch, bedliner, no-cost first service, and delivery to my place.

Any particular issues or quirkiness to look out for in these 700-4's?

Thanks...
Good for you, it's a great machine. DG Rider's post described my ownership experience to a tea. Rear end noise, squeaks and rattles is my reality on my 2018 now with 300 miles. These quirks aside, It climbs like a mule, works hard around the farm and has the feel (and reputation) of being tough as a boot. I suspect these machines will last us all a very long time.

Enjoy,

Howard

Reactions: Mudwing
C

ctu5000

Feb 21, 2018
Western NC/Upstate SC
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks to all! I appreciate all the good wishes. Sorry haven't responded sooner... been out of town and way busier than I like.
Haven't even been able to play with the new toy yet.
Hopefully have time to post a pic or two soon.

Last edited:
G

Gsmitty

Feb 2, 2018
Pensylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So... I did the deal on a new 2017 700-4 (non-deluxe) today. Bimini top, 1/2 windshield, winch, bedliner, no-cost first service, and delivery to my place.

Thanks...
Congrats and good luck on the new ride. Just purchased a new 1000-5 myself with windshield, roof, color matching side panels, extra lights, KFI plow, Moose wheels and 29" tires . Only had it two weeks but love it so far. Would like add a 2-3" lift kit if anyone has any input or preferences.
Thanks,

T

tutormd

Mar 26, 2017
Southeast
Ownership

1. 700-4

Thanks...

Just make sure to fasten your seatbelts or the motor will spit and sputter to prevent you from gong faster than 13mph.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Congrats and good luck on the new ride. Just purchased a new 1000-5 myself with windshield, roof, color matching side panels, extra lights, KFI plow, Moose wheels and 29" tires . Only had it two weeks but love it so far. Would like add a 2-3" lift kit if anyone has any input or preferences.
Thanks,
When I put shocks on mine it added some lift, I put arched a arms on and it added clearance.

BillsAF1

BillsAF1

Mar 12, 2017
Harrison Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
You will love it. I use my 2015 around the property all the time. I upgraded the shocks for trail riding and purchased the poly Honda roof. I have two sets of tires and rims, one for putting around the house and another set for trail riding. On trips to West Virginia, Kentucky and Tennessee, my 700-4 goes everywhere the Razors go (with none of the ridicules belt slippage like the Razors). I installed the power steering, took one full day to do it right with all the electrical connections waterproofed in heat shrink. I think about 500 bucks. Worth it for sure.

Reactions: Farmer
F

fpl3chl

Apr 10, 2017
Houston, TX
Ownership

1. 700-4
Congrats and welcome. The wife has the 2015 700-4. The only problem we have out of it every once in a while is the exhaust header pipe seperates itself from the muffler. Then you gotta crawl under there and loosen the band, slide them back together, tighten the band, etc.. I have read that this is more of a problem in snorkeled 700's that do a lot of water riding. Other than that, feel free to use and abuse it. Its a Honda.

Are there any posts on this exhaust issue. I was out this weekend and ended up in some water and then it sounded like an exhaust leak every time water got splashed up.

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Are there any posts on this exhaust issue. I was out this weekend and ended up in some water and then it sounded like an exhaust leak every time water got splashed up.
I couldnt find it on here so i googled it. I dont know how to send people links, so i screen shoted it so you can type it in on google just how it did and maybe you can read up on it. They are talking about it on hondapioneerforum Apparently the 700s have internal exhaust pieces that can come unwelded and fall inside the exhaust causing blockage that can lead to the muffler slipping off of the header pipe. Some people say if you ride in deep water it causes back pressure and causes them to slip apart. Some people claim a snorkled machine will run leaner causing the header pipe to get way hotter and slip out of the muffler. Anyway, heres a screen shot of how i looked it up.

Screenshot 20180305 064743

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!