P700 Pulled the trigger on new ELKA SHOCKS

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well, I pulled the trigger on some new stage 2 ELKA shocks today. Should be here in about 10 days. I talked to this guy --> FRANCOIS DAVID.... yeah, I don't know how to say that first part, I just call him Frank. Anyway, I got the @Hondasxs Club discount code from him yesterday, and placed the order today. I could only afford the front shocks for now, but I think the fronts will have the most impact for my style of riding anyway...Maybe the rears later...
I will give an update and review when I get them and put them on...

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I think you're going to be surprised at how smooth it rides with the Elka. Congratulations.

TimmyBoy84

TimmyBoy84

Aug 5, 2015
Southern California
Nice! once you start mashing on that front end you'll be saving yours pennies to hurry and get the rears cuz they wont keep up lol, but then again your not running the 4 seater.

Reactions: Deluxe700
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Take it for a test run before. I threw some boards on the ground (2x4's and 4x4's) and drove over them. You will be surprised at how stiff the factory shocks were.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well the new ELKA front shocks arrived today !!! They look great....I will install on Saturday and give them a test and get them dialed in. A ride report will follow...
It's Saturday, where is that ride report? Haha you're probably out testing still

Reactions: swsebek
Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Just got back in the house and cleaned up....Shocks went on smooth and easy...I did what @Gator suggested , and went over a short run of different trail features (roots, ditches, ect) before replacing, and then did it again after putting on the Elka's... Man what a difference. I have not done any fine tuning, as of yet... the ride height was the same after I put the new shocks on, so I figured that it was pretty close. It really makes a big difference. Not sure I will fork out the cash for the rears..or at least not soon, but it would be nice to have them on the rears too... I think the rears would make a bigger difference on a P700-4 than on my P700-2

Max718

Max718

Jun 7, 2017
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 700-4
Just got back in the house and cleaned up....Shocks went on smooth and easy...I did what @Gator suggested , and went over a short run of different trail features (roots, ditches, ect) before replacing, and then did it again after putting on the Elka's... Man what a difference. I have not done any fine tuning, as of yet... the ride height was the same after I put the new shocks on, so I figured that it was pretty close. It really makes a big difference. Not sure I will fork out the cash for the rears..or at least not soon, but it would be nice to have them on the rears too... I think the rears would make a bigger difference on a P700-4 than on my P700-2
Were they a direct bold on or did you have to use the springs off of the stock ones. What about some pictures

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Direct bolt on...has their own springs with adjustments for preload and rebound....I will get some pics posted soon..

EastCoastCan700

EastCoastCan700

Nov 8, 2017
New Brunswick, Canada
Ownership

1. 700-2
Direct bolt on...has their own springs with adjustments for preload and rebound....I will get some pics posted soon..
How much were they and why did you get the Elka Vs the Fox ?
I’m looking at upgrading my 2017 700-2 stock shocks.
Thanks!

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Where are the pics of the Elkas? And did you get much lift or is it the same

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
As far as lift...you can get as much lift as you want due to the way the preload compression adjustment is setup... Threaded all the way down the shock tube. I could have got lift, but I set mine up to the stock ride height. I only got the front shocks...for now.
They were around $450 for the front 2 ... I called and got the discount for being member of Hondasxs. I got the Elka's , because I could get just the front 2 shocks... I could only find the Fox in a set of 4. No other real reason..both are top brand shocks.
Am I happy with them and are they worth it...I think it depends on the type of driving you do. If you drive a lot at higher speeds then they are great and make a big difference. If you drive slow and easy most of the time, you won't see a huge difference over stock..in my opinion.
You can tell a difference at any speed, but I think they really improve ride and handling best if you ride a little faster..25 mph and over.
Would I purchase again...not sure...they do make a difference, but not sure with my riding style that I needed an upgrade...if that makes sense..

Reactions: Budman
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
As far as lift...you can get as much lift as you want due to the way the preload compression adjustment is setup... Threaded all the way down the shock tube. I could have got lift, but I set mine up to the stock ride height. I only got the front shocks...for now.
They were around $450 for the front 2 ... I called and got the discount for being member of Hondasxs. I got the Elka's , because I could get just the front 2 shocks... I could only find the Fox in a set of 4. No other real reason..both are top brand shocks.
Am I happy with them and are they worth it...I think it depends on the type of driving you do. If you drive a lot at higher speeds then they are great and make a big difference. If you drive slow and easy most of the time, you won't see a huge difference over stock..in my opinion.
You can tell a difference at any speed, but I think they really improve ride and handling best if you ride a little faster..25 mph and over.
Would I purchase again...not sure...they do make a difference, but not sure with my riding style that I needed an upgrade...if that makes sense..
Put the stockers back on and get back to us, HA!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Put the stockers back on and get back to us, HA!
I forgot to mention, if you want to go up to the next stage, send your shocks in and they will make the up grade to your shocks, at a cost of course.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!