P1000 Quadboss QBT846 - Any updates?

C

CJH

Sep 17, 2018
Black Hills, South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My first post here after lurking for a year or so.

I've owned my 1000-5 Deluxe for a bit over two years now and it's time for new tires. I use my rig more for tree work, plowing and what I call glorified golf cart use than I do trail riding. No matter what I'm doing it sees a lot of asphalt and gravel miles and I'd like something quieter and that wears better.

I'm licensed and street legal and am not required to run DOT tires but I'm limiting my search to those that are street legal.

I had pretty much decided on Tensor Regulators but then I called a local ATV/UTV dealership owned by the same parent company as my Honda dealership that has Quadboss QBT846's in stock. They have 28x10-14 and may also have 27's in both 9's and 11's. I'll probably go with 28x10 all around since they fit the stock rims and if I ever switch rims I'll go with the same size all around so I can rotate.

It sounds like the 846's are a comparable tire to the Tensors. I found previous posts about the QBT846 but most were from at least several months ago, assuming I searched correctly. I thought I'd start a new thread rather than ask a question in each thread.

So with all that said, I'd be interested in hearing updates from anyone running these tires and in particular if anyone has been able to compare them to the Tensor Regulators. If they are similar but somewhat different I'd favor the quieter tire or the one that would be better in snow. If it's a tossup I'd probably choose the Quadboss and support a local business.

Thanks in advance.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have 1000 miles on my 846's in the last year. My only complaint is they look great on the 14x7 front wheels but they are a bit narrow on the wider rear wheels. For me that's been an issue for bead leaks. I'm switching to 14x7 bead lock wheels on all 4 corners this week but the traction and wear of the tires has been great.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2 more showed up today. I'm going to put 2 new ones on the rear and keep the rears as spares. Also mounting up my new wheels
IMG 20180924 180510

Reactions: orangecrate and mjn
C

CJH

Sep 17, 2018
Black Hills, South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have 1000 miles on my 846's in the last year. My only complaint is they look great on the 14x7 front wheels but they are a bit narrow on the wider rear wheels. For me that's been an issue for bead leaks. I'm switching to 14x7 bead lock wheels on all 4 corners this week but the traction and wear of the tires has been great.

I was hoping you'd respond. Thank you.

The bead leaks are a concern. I'd like to mount mine to the stock rims and run them a while before I decide what offsets to go with and whether I want to run spacers and/or beadlocks.

I've read several of your older posts but can't recall if you were running spacers before? If not, are you going to run them with the new rims or did you order different offsets for front and rear?

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was hoping you'd respond. Thank you.

The bead leaks are a concern. I'd like to mount mine to the stock rims and run them a while before I decide what offsets to go with and whether I want to run spacers and/or beadlocks.

I've read several of your older posts but can't recall if you were running spacers before? If not, are you going to run them with the new rims or did you order different offsets for front and rear?

I have ran 1" spacers in the rear since I swapped tires. I think the bead leaks are self induced. I typically ride hard with 10-11psi in the tires and I don't air up when I add passengers. They get great traction but probably have too much sidewall bulge. 13-15 psi would probably be better with weight in the rear or avoiding 4 wheels off the ground air time.

Reactions: Rick53 and mjn

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!