P1000 Question about my wiring...

K

Keller6

Jan 1, 2018
Pa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When I bought my 1000-5 I had the dealer install my winch and radio.. I'm in the process of doing my dual battery and switch plate but I see that coming off the switch from the winch they tapped into key on power. Should I just cut that and wire it directly to the 2nd battery?

farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Wise Men Still Seek "Him"
Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Use Your key on power from the main battery to trip relay only, run the power from Your aux. Battery to accessories thru the relay, use a relay for each accessory, then the only power drain on Your main starting battery will be to open relay, the accessory will pull from aux. Battery, put a isolator between main and aux. Battery, keep battery drain to a minimum on Your main or starting battery, with isolator system will charge both batteries as needed,,,,,

Reactions: DAV11 and Haldog77
farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Wise Men Still Seek "Him"
Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
This way will retain Your key off all accessories, when You turn off key everything will shut down to reduce the chance of battery drain, if You want an accessory to stay on with key off then just run directly to aux. Battery,,,,,, hope this helps,,,,,

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!