Question on wheel tire kit

G

Georgiaboy

Aug 11, 2022
Georgia
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I read around some say yah some say nah, I want to order a MSA 14x7 clutch wheels 4+3 for all 4 corners with carnivores 30-10-14, I know I will have to put spacers on rear, will they clear fine, going from a 15 wheel to 14 wheel

Enigma

Enigma

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I am divided on using spacers. Some say there will be no harm to your wheel bearings and some say they will affect the life of your wheel bearings. I would get a some opinions from some of the other lifetime members on using spacers and their impact on wheel bearings. Just a friendly suggestion.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I am divided on using spacers. Some say there will be no harm to your wheel bearings and some say they will affect the life of your wheel bearings. I would get a some opinions from some of the other lifetime members on using spacers and their impact on wheel bearings. Just a friendly suggestion.
Had th on my 16’ P1 since fairly new and my Talon since new No wheel barring problems. Theses are alot lighter than cars and trucks That are notorious for wheel barring issues with spacers.
I read around some say yah some say nah, I want to order a MSA 14x7 clutch wheels 4+3 for all 4 corners with carnivores 30-10-14, I know I will have to put spacers on rear, will they clear fine, going from a 15 wheel to 14 wheel
stick with the 15’s you will rub the caliper.
Mine are 15’s with 31x10 coronavirus and Have been happy so far. 1,200k on them

G

Georgiaboy

Aug 11, 2022
Georgia
Ownership

1. Talon X4
31-10-15 carnivores are expensive and harder to get, I would go ahead with 32s before 31s, planet sxs says the 14 msa's will run on it, and they sent me a link to some 15 MSA's with 32 carnivores but 200.00 higher and I don't wanna drain the power outta my machine

G

Georgiaboy

Aug 11, 2022
Georgia
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I have 4 30-10-15 k9s if all the wheels were the same size on machine😬

Reactions: Robobrainiac
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I have 4 30-10-15 k9s if all the wheels were the same size on machine😬
You could put those 4 tires on your stock wheels and be fine too. You can run 14s on an X and be ok too. The R has a nub on the aarm, that can get in the way and cause damage (still not a garrentee). You still increase your risk of rim damage when you go to a 14 but it's not really bad on an X. I personally run 15s on my X.

And if you put spacers on the rear (which I would do), you won't have any problems with them on the rear. 1.5 inch spacer is the ticket.

Reactions: Smittyp
G

Georgiaboy

Aug 11, 2022
Georgia
Ownership

1. Talon X4
You could put those 4 tires on your stock wheels and be fine too. You can run 14s on an X and be ok too. The R has a nub on the aarm, that can get in the way and cause damage (still not a garrentee). You still increase your risk of rim damage when you go to a 14 but it's not really bad on an X. I personally run 15s on my X.
Ones like a 8in. Rim and the other like a 6in. rim, that would have to look strange

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Ones like a 8in. Rim and the other like a 6in. rim, that would have to look strange
Lots of guys have done it, it doesn't look all that bad.

@Lil_Steve is running 4 front rims without spacers on the rear. Even after he told me he'd done it, I couldn't see it.

I hadn't thought about caliper/a-arm interference with 14" rims but I found this damage on my 15's when I put new tires on mine; so I won't be running 14's anytime soon. Too bad, I really wanted to try the KM3 UTV tires next time but they only come in 14" for the 30" tires I run.

G

Georgiaboy

Aug 11, 2022
Georgia
Ownership

1. Talon X4
My thoughts are, and I could be wrong.., now you have 6+1 on front which puts turning rod up in wheel about a inch, like your scratch is about a inch in, if you put a 4+3 on front it should bring that turning rod out of the wheel some, just my thoughts

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
My thoughts are, and I could be wrong.., now you have 6+1 on front which puts turning rod up in wheel about a inch, like your scratch is about a inch in, if you put a 4+3 on front it should bring that turning rod out of the wheel some, just my thoughts
The thing is, it's engineered for 6+1's on the front, that's stock. If you put 4+3's up there, you're affecting your scrub radius.

G

Georgiaboy

Aug 11, 2022
Georgia
Ownership

1. Talon X4
30s on 4+3 won't scrub, have a friend running them, only difference in s he's running 15in wheels

Reactions: CID

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!