BOX1

P1000 Question regarding 50-52" light Bars...

D

Darby

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2016
Salem, Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-3
For any of You who have mounted a 50-52" light bar... especially those who have mounted them low on the ROPS (using the ROPS bolts to hold the mounts)...

1) is there any downside to mounting low on the rig? glare off of the hood? sight problems?

2) There are a million cheap 50-52" LED bars out there - they all made by same chinese manufacturer with different names? Are any actually better than others? if so.. which ones? I'm not going to spend $1000+ on a Rigid Industries... More like $100-$150 for a Rigidhorse, auxbeam, SLDX, etc....

Any feedback or help would be appreciated!

D

Darby

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2016
Salem, Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I assume most of the "ratings" for lumens are mostly BS. Don't necessarily want to go with the biggest liar... so would be helpful to hear from those of You who have tried them..
I notice most are 3watt LED's.. can find CREE, Phillips, etc.. most are 4D leds Though units like KanSmart claim to have 5W CREE LED's with 5D LED's...

BUT... which ones are actually brightest and made well? or is there ANY difference between them at all?

Reactions: Lady01
A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I have spent days pouring over the details of rigid, blackoak, auxbeam and it seems the Chinese while not having the power output the spread of light was more pleasing the rigid even in flood was more focused with a hotspot.

What you want to try and get is a bar with Cree leds, I went 5D lens and a lot of lumens. I bought a 22in with Cree leds, 5d lens and 12,000 lumens for $59.99 that was more than rigid and comparable to blackoak output.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01LZBGMDQ/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Next month when I buy my 50inch curved I will look for specs comparing to the top brands, theres plenty of youtube videos showing comparisons. 5w leds will give you the most lumens, 4d and 5d is the lens the 5d has a fisheye look it gives a more even spread of light.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I've used Auxbeam and Mictuning and both seem good to me.

I also like the curved bar, it's not such an intense beam straight ahead. It seems to spread the light better.

I agree to look for Cree. The 5w models are noticeably brighter.

Signature:

QUOTE by Sharp, Where's Don? He's probably spray painting stuff lmfao!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Phillips and Osram especially the 7watt are great as well.Osram really requires the fisheye because it's pattern is really narrow the others don't really need it at all. As long as you buy one of those three led burners you'll be good, don't bother with the names of the bar it really doesn't matter spending 10x for 10% better light spread on something is absurd imo. It'll outlast the life of the rig either way, but if it didn't I guess you'd have 9 more shots lol. Remember if you already have power needed for your other light bar and possibly other things don't go crazy wattage it only has so much. Go with curved it's much better spread. There is no real glare off of the hood I definitely prefer the light low it seems to work with your eyes better and doesn't get hung up on stuff and not a fan anymore of bolting 30pounds unnecessary at the top of the rig.

Last edited:
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have slasher LEDs on mine, but to be honest I didn't do much research on them so I don't know how they compare. They were at the dealer and I thought they would be fine for I needed them for.

D

Darby

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2016
Salem, Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks for the feedback guys! Really appreciate it... I've decided to try the KanSmart 52" 500W 5D lens Curved CREE LED light bar (5watt LEDs)... i'm pretty sure it isn't going to pull anywhere near 500 watts... but i've got the 2nd (Odyssey) battery with isolator set up to handle it if it surprises me.. :) Everything "sounds" good about it.. it's got an Weatherproof rating of IP68, and mostly good ratings... We shall see.

B

bjd68

Jun 5, 2016
abbotsford B.C.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sounds like a good lightbar a ip rating of 68 or 69 is very good because most i see on ebay are ip67 ! I went with a 50 inch curved dual row 300 watt cree light bar and i paid around 80 bucks for it and it has been working great and shines a ton of light! Cant really go wrong with any of these light bars there so cheap that if I had to replace it, it wouldnt be that big of deal! Also I mounted my on top through the roof and to the windshield mounts and it worked great! very solid!

Pioneer pics 118 Pioneer pics 112

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I mounted a 52" curved with homemade brackets bolting to the inside of the ROPS like @CumminsPusher has and since mine is camo there is no glare, but I have a tinted half windshield as well so that may reduce glare as well.

This is the light bar I used, I haven't had any problems with it yet and I had one on my duck boat as well with zero issues.

Amazon.com: 50" - 52" Curved Led Light Bar Eyourlife Off Road Work LED Light Bar 300W Driving Light Flood Spot Combo Beam 4X4 ATV 4WD SUV UTE: Automotive

J

jarboe18

May 10, 2021
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sounds like a good lightbar a ip rating of 68 or 69 is very good because most i see on ebay are ip67 ! I went with a 50 inch curved dual row 300 watt cree light bar and i paid around 80 bucks for it and it has been working great and shines a ton of light! Cant really go wrong with any of these light bars there so cheap that if I had to replace it, it wouldnt be that big of deal! Also I mounted my on top through the roof and to the windshield mounts and it worked great! very solid!

View attachment 26968 View attachment 26969
What mount is that?

Reactions: Lady01
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!