BOX1

P500 Question regarding our new Pioneer 500 purchase

B

bubbasuwannee

Nov 4, 2017
Angier, NC
Ownership

1. 500
We picked our new Pioneer 500 up today after trading in our 2 motorcycles. it's a 2017 model and once I got it home I noticed it already has 14.5 hours of run time and over 50 miles on it. Honestly, I didn't think to check any of this at the dealer; all my previous new purchases were just that, new with no miles/hours. Nothing was said about it being a demo model or anything like that. The 20 hour service isn't cheap and I hadn't planned on having it serviced so quick. I know it'll last a long time, just the principle of the matter.

What's been everyone else experiences with a new Honda side by side purchase?

Badblubug

Badblubug

Oct 28, 2017
North woods
Ownership

1. 500
We picked our new Pioneer 500 up today after trading in our 2 motorcycles. it's a 2017 model and once I got it home I noticed it already has 14.5 hours of run time and over 50 miles on it. Honestly, I didn't think to check any of this at the dealer; all my previous new purchases were just that, new with no miles/hours. Nothing was said about it being a demo model or anything like that. The 20 hour service isn't cheap and I hadn't planned on having it serviced so quick. I know it'll last a long time, just the principle of the matter.

Agreed, that’s a bit much and something should have been said, maybe go back and complain, maybe they comp you that service, if not complain to Honda, you’ll surely get a call from the dealer from that

However, congrats on the new machine and enjoy your purchase, planing any mods or accessories?

Reactions: bubbasuwannee
B

bubbasuwannee

Nov 4, 2017
Angier, NC
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks, I may give them a call tomorrow. I have a trip planned to hunt elk in Colorado; leaving Saturday and know I'll go over the 20hours.

No, not planning anything specific as far as mods. Our Rancher has served us well for over the past 3 years and it's totally stock, just maintenance. I may add a bikini top and possibly a windshield to the Pioneer, but other than that there's nothing I can think of I'd really need.

Agreed, that’s a bit much and something should have been said, maybe go back and complain, maybe they comp you that service, if not complain to Honda, you’ll surely get a call from the dealer from that

However, congrats on the new machine and enjoy your purchase, planing any mods or accessories?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

I would bring the concern up with your dealer, and politely but insistently request they complete the first service at no charge, pointing out the miles and hours etc.

PS the hours are the time the key is on, not the engine necessarily. Mine had 20 hr service light come on at 7 miles due to me leaving key on while running sound bar hooking up other accessories.

Reactions: R-Lamm
B

bubbasuwannee

Nov 4, 2017
Angier, NC
Ownership

1. 500
I contacted my dealer today and they are going to take care of the first service for me free of charge once I return from my trip. They stated it's not uncommon at their dealer for there to be this many miles/hours due to test drives and moving their stock in and out each day. So, all is good...glad they're going to take care of me.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!