BOX1

Question

G

Gascop

Feb 6, 2021
Columbus Ga
Ownership

1. Talon x4
I was wondering if it would hurt anything to put the same width tires on the stock rims I want to go up to a 30' tall by 10 ' wide on the stockers ?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I was wondering if it would hurt anything to put the same width tires on the stock rims I want to go up to a 30' tall by 10 ' wide on the stockers ?
Won't hurt anything running 30" tires on oem wheels on a Talon.

Reactions: TripleB
Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R

Welcome!

Nope, wont hurt anything, many Talon owners have done it. The only thing to note is that your stock front rims are 6.5" wide vs 8" for the rear so with 30x10x15 tires all around the tire height will slightly be taller on the front. You can run a couple of psi lower in the front to keep the tire height relatively the same height. If the tire height combo is drastically different (2-4"), it will trigger a I-4wd light that has to be reset manually.

Lots of good info in this thread by @CID to read up on. Talon - New Talon Owners - First Things to Know and Check

Reactions: CID and TripleB
G

Gascop

Feb 6, 2021
Columbus Ga
Ownership

1. Talon x4
I know tire sizes run small and haven't actually measured mine yet the indicated stock sizes are 28's on a 2021 1000x4

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I know tire sizes run small and haven't actually measured mine yet the indicated stock sizes are 28's on a 2021 1000x4
Yeah, I corrected my post. I was referring to P1K not Talon originally.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!