BOX1

P700 Questions on adding lights, ect.

Diverguy

Diverguy

Oct 8, 2018
PA, USA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'm bringing my "18 700-4D home from my cabin this week to add on some accessories...winch, fender flares, reverse light, rock lights, bumper light bar, and dome lights. I already have a 50" light bar at the roof line.
I'm planning on a switches for all the lights, except the reverse light which will go on when in reverse. I am also running wires from the battery to posts I'll set up under the hood.
Will I need to use a separate relay for each application? I'm going to use LED for all lighting (duh!), so voltage draw won't be bad. I want all lights to work only when the key is on.
I'm a woodworker, not an electrician, so I'd appreciate any tips or help. Thanks so much in advance!

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
I'm bringing my "18 700-4D home from my cabin this week to add on some accessories...winch, fender flares, reverse light, rock lights, bumper light bar, and dome lights. I already have a 50" light bar at the roof line.
I'm planning on a switches for all the lights, except the reverse light which will go on when in reverse. I am also running wires from the battery to posts I'll set up under the hood.
Will I need to use a separate relay for each application? I'm going to use LED for all lighting (duh!), so voltage draw won't be bad. I want all lights to work only when the key is on.
I'm a woodworker, not an electrician, so I'd appreciate any tips or help. Thanks so much in advance!
Are you saying, one switch to run all the lights when the key is on?

Diverguy

Diverguy

Oct 8, 2018
PA, USA
Ownership

1. 700-4
No...separate switches for each. I'm not sure if I need a relay for each one...I have the accessory harness that splices into the lighter plug for the lights and winch, as well as the reverse beeper harness for the back-up light. I can run the reverse light direct to battery, as that will be switched on by shifting into reverse. The bumper light will be used for foggy/misty mornings when the light bar is too high and too bright. I'm planning on two 9w led rock lights for interior dome lights, so they have minimal draw. Rock lights will be 9w led amber lights at each wheel. I get onto some pretty nasty trails in pursuit of filling the freezer, and lights at the wheels would help a lot on my way to and from my tree stands in the dark. They will only be used when needed, or for parades now and then.

Sheepdog

Sheepdog

Jul 23, 2018
Lyles Tennessee
Ownership

1. 700-2
it was recommended to me by some of the great members here back when i was going to install my led lights and accessories that i should use a relay for each light circuit, which I have. The only light circuit that i didn't use a relay on is my reverse light that i hooked up to the reverse harness but I did install a inline fuse for that circuit. I am running a dual battery setup and secondary fuse block, switch panel ect,so for my application, using individual relays made sense. Relays are fairly simple to hook up. I'm sure some of the smarter folks then me on here will have the correct answer for your kind of setup.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!