BOX1

P1000m5 Radiator relocation / electric water pump

Z

zin01

May 2, 2017
Royse City
So I really want to move my radiator somewhere else. I keep getting mud and crap in it then the darn machine wants to overheat. I've seen 2 pictures of people that relocated there's. One was on the hood and looked really good but I don't want it in the way so I can't see and then I would have a hard time accessing under the hood. The other one that I really liked the guy put it on the far back with 2 big electric fans which seemed nice. I also don't want to put it right above the engine because I have the 5 seater and that would be right in anyone who is sitting back there face. Anyway I think the one I saw mounted in the back was on Facebook and I sent the guy a message and he never got back to me. I would think mounting it that high and a little further away would be to hard for the water pump to pump up there. So I was thinking about getting a electric water pump and putting it in line to help the on on the engine. But I don't know weather to put it on the same side of the stock one or on the return side and how meany GPM would I need. If anyone has any information on this I would appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Z

zin01

May 2, 2017
Royse City
Just for sake of maybe saving you some time and money...
1. Have you burped the machine?
2. Are you running a stock bumper with the louvers open?

Yeah I've burped it I have like 250 miles on it already and yes I have the stock bumper I have the winch in there now using the KFI mount so I thought that might keep the mud from flying up into the radiator. I also cut a pice of screen material and put it in from where the hood closes to the bottom of the bumper. That was helping but it's not a permanent fix.

Reactions: JTW
Z

zin01

May 2, 2017
Royse City
So how are you guys covering the louvers? Just duct tape around them?

Reactions: dotman1
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Cover it with UHMW for protection also.

A43e428a1c95c14fa3cb5d66a8577c33

67bf460fea66ec8f6b36a4d0552bfd4e

Edb7faf5ef4bc1b6b6018b06b4786ec9

J

JTW

I just used some black duck tape until I could get my bash plate like Joey

Z

zin01

May 2, 2017
Royse City
Ok I'll try that. I have my aluminum skid plates that come a little ways up maybe I can be cheap for a while and use a piece of the uhmw off the crappy stock skid plate.
Thanks

J

JTW

Ok I'll try that. I have my aluminum skid plates that come a little ways up maybe I can be cheap for a while and use a piece of the uhmw off the crappy stock skid plate.
Thanks

Should work fine.. I ordered a 12"x24"x1/2" piece of black UHMW for about $40

Reactions: sharp
Z

zin01

May 2, 2017
Royse City
Should work fine.. I ordered a 12"x24"x1/2" piece of black UHMW for about $40

That's not bad. I think I saw your write up. You got it from Amazon right? I don't do eBay but love Amazon prime

Z

zin01

May 2, 2017
Royse City
Well I need to take a picture but I cut a piece of the stock skid and put 4 self tappers into the bumper to keep it in place. It's not the prettiest but if it works I will clean it up and make it look better. We are going to rabbit creek in Kilgore, TX on Saturday. And it should be a good test for it.

Z

zin01

May 2, 2017
Royse City
A5c93f853198f1c29248077477ede1d0
It's ugly but hopefully it will work. Also went riding by my house and in a field they had harvested the wheat out of a couple of we is ago but those are seeds from the weeds that had grown in the field

Z

zin01

May 2, 2017
Royse City
So update. I took the P1K5 out this weekend with the vents covered and had zero overheating issues. I'm almost 100% sold on the idea that covering the vent holes makes a big difference the only reason I'm not 100% is the mud was thick and less watery if that makes sense so less apt to splashing up in the radiator but I was happy either way with not overheating. I also popped the damn bead again. I really need to get bead lock rims.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!