BOX1

P1000 Radio poor

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I just bought a super cheap amplifier off of Amazon and some door speakers off of Walmart for 20 bucks. Framed a box with wood. Total build was about 50 bucks. Just loud enough for driving, but really good for just chilling at camp with rigs off.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Plumber32
J

Jshell3

I've continplated going this route. Bluetooth and amp enclosed in waterproof housing (it's a boat speaker) so I'd just have to run one line of +- remote to the battery.
I especially like the simplicity of it. Using the phone for playlists (pandora) and volume control.

IMG 4132

To be completely honest, I bought this already back when I had the P500, but it was physically larger than anywhere I could mount comfortably. Although, I almost pulled it off.

But that was then. This is now. I've got more overhead locations. It was unbelievably LOUD and the 6x9 gave good mids & lows for hearing over the motor.

IMG 2826

I sent it back the first time (P500) but I've since thought about buying it again. (Or something closely like it)

Last edited by a moderator:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Reactions: sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Reactions: sharp and chadbo
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Is the sub waterproof? Do you have a link for it?

These small bluetooth head units that go in the dash are the way to go. They weren't available when I put mine in. Then you can put speakers anywhere you want.
No, that sub is not waterproof. Speakers can handle a certain amount of water but not amps. That has an amp built in.

J

JTW

These small bluetooth head units that go in the dash are the way to go. They weren't available when I put mine in. Then you can put speakers anywhere you want.
No, that sub is not waterproof. Speakers can handle a certain amount of water but not amps. That has an amp built in.
You have any thoughts on something like this?
Amazon.com: Pyle Lanzar AQTB8 8-Inch 1000 Watts Low-Profile Super Slim Active Amplified Marine/Waterproof Subwoofer System - Set of 1: 0 to +12Db Variable Bass Boost (@ 45Hz): Car Electronics

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

It's like most other amplified shallow mount woofers. They don't give you much boom but they do fill in some bass. It's not waterproof, the specs say water resistant. A waterproof amp is all but impossible, they have heat sinks on them to keep them cool. If it were a totally sealed unit, it would over heat in no time. I'd still like to hear one hooked up, or two. ;)

J

JTW

It's like most other amplified shallow mount woofers. They don't give you much boom but they do fill in some bass. It's not waterproof, the specs say water resistant. A waterproof amp is all but impossible, they have heat sinks on them to keep them cool. If it were a totally sealed unit, it would over heat in no time. I'd still like to hear one hooked up, or two. ;)
I just wonder what water resistant actually means. Would they all be water resistant or is there something special

Reactions: sharp
Jamesgang

Jamesgang

Jan 29, 2017
Kitzmiller, Maryland
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wtf happened?
I bolted one on and just as I got it don't I seen it wobble. So I thought that was strange, so I taped on it and it shook. Not much, but more then I liked so I taped on it again and it broke off. Got looking on Amazon at other comments. There was only two. Both was about braking off.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!