chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bolted one on and just as I got it don't I seen it wobble. So I thought that was strange, so I taped on it and it shook. Not much, but more then I liked so I taped on it again and it broke off. Got looking on Amazon at other comments. There was only two. Both was about braking off.
Crap... sorry bout the bad luck. I think I had those in my save for later cart. Deleting now

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Most of the audio stuff we're putting in these sxs's are crap really. Boss, Pyle, Noam, even MTX back in the day was considered cheap crap. Kinda' like Kraco, Sparkomatic or Pyramid. They're not high grade but the price point is the lure. If it gets trashed, no big loss. Wouldn't consider putting any of these brands in my truck though.

Reactions: KevinSC and JTW
J

JTW

Most of the audio stuff we're putting in these sxs's are crap really. Boss, Pyle, Noam, even MTX back in the day was considered cheap crap. Kinda' like Kraco, Sparkomatic or Pyramid. They're not high grade but the price point is the lure. If it gets trashed, no big loss. Wouldn't consider putting any of these brands in my truck though.
Exactly!!

Reactions: KevinSC and trigger
KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015
I agree, but can't see putting wet sounds throughout like I have my boat. My boat I want to hear when on the tube or skiing or beached and having a few beverages. My pioneer I just need me to hear not everyone. Just couldn't see spending 1500 on my Pioneers radio is all.

Reactions: trigger and JTW
chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The truck stopped here today

IMG 0748

chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
And the radio today... if I don't have an amp do I bridge the speakers and just what does that do?

IMG 0749

Reactions: JTW
KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015
The truck stopped here today

View attachment 38742
And the radio today... if I don't have an amp do I bridge the speakers and just what does that do?

View attachment 38774
you can, but the radio will not have near enough power to power those speakers. Bridging it just means you would be using the max power from the radio probably throwing about 35 watts per speaker is all. You will not hurt the speakers, but the radio you could. I would not bridge them and run them to each speaker output and wait on the amp.

Reactions: chadbo
chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
you can, but the radio will not have near enough power to power those speakers. Bridging it just means you would be using the max power from the radio probably throwing about 35 watts per speaker is all. You will not hurt the speakers, but the radio you could. I would not bridge them and run them to each speaker output and wait on the amp.
Well that's what I wasn't sure of... thanks for the bad news. Better safe than sorry

KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015
Well that's what I wasn't sure of... thanks for the bad news. Better safe than sorry
You can run the speakers off the radio I just wouldn't bridge it is all. Wait until you can give them clean sufficient power and you will see the difference

Reactions: chadbo and JTW
chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can run the speakers off the radio I just wouldn't bridge it is all. Wait until you can give them clean sufficient power and you will see the difference
Got the radio in last weekend finally, put a temporary plate in till I'm ready for second batt. and lights later

IMG 0782

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Got the radio in last weekend finally, put a temporary plate in till I'm ready for second batt. and lights later

View attachment 39650

I think you're going to like that deck it looks to have the right controls at your fingers. Looks like bass might have to be added to make use of some buttons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: chadbo
chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think you're going to like that deck it looks to have the right controls at your fingers. Looks like bass might have to be added to make use of some buttons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah it never ends with the needs. I do like the radio, the speakers are so so but it was what I was going for

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yeah it never ends with the needs. I do like the radio, the speakers are so so but it was what I was going for
I assume the deck power is pretty good on that one isn't it?

chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I assume the deck power is pretty good on that one isn't it?
Noticed pandora or fm one or the other putting out better, I haven't played with it much but without an amp it has an internal amp to apply. I do like the radio it has many unused parts maybe I get into later...

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Turn it up a little. Couldn't quite hear that last song clearly!

Looking good!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!