100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What are you guys running for music in your machines? I'm low on space and being as tall as I am, headroom is limited as well. does anyone have any suggestions for something that may work for me?

William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have this and it’s awesome. Clear and loud... Bluetooth to your phone.

109B95F4 ACA4 45FE 81F4 3318692EB782

Reactions: 100Acre
I

infernored1000

Jan 10, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use my rechargeable waterproof speaker, lasts like 10-12 hours and is plenty loud enough while driving, use two Velcro straps to the top bar and it's good to go.

Reactions: Backwoods
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Check out Shark, or other motorcycle systems with waterproof speakers. I have a Shark unit with speakers under the hood for better bass sound. Not the best out there but less than $100. I dont go too loud so to hear any machine problems.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I should have expanded on this but I was getting gas.

I tried several of the cheap amazon audio solutions, I tried a Bose SoundDock II in a water resistant case, I tried “tractor tuned”, THEN I made my own fiberglass enclosure that weight @55 lbs with a good head unit, good speakers and CLEAR sound.

By the time I’d tried all the cheap routes then got something that worked...WetSounds woulda been CHEAPER.

They are light, loud, and very clear sound after hearing them very clearly on my machine from someone else’s in front of me. I’m sold on the value, but it is still an expensive setup.

Reactions: joeymt33
KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
I use Bose noise cancelling ear buds, the machine is loud enough without trying to blast music over top of it. At 50 I have lost enough hearing. The noise cancelling ear buds reduces the noise of the machine and allows me to listen to music at a reasonable level.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I use Bose noise cancelling ear buds, the machine is loud enough without trying to blast music over top of it. At 50 I have lost enough hearing. The noise cancelling ear buds reduces the noise of the machine and allows me to listen to music at a reasonable level.

That's probably the way we should all be doing it but then your passengers would need one too.
There are a lot of inexpensive options out there if you just want sound but anything that really sounds good won't be cheap. Not much room in a P5 and even less with your size.
FWIW, if I were doing it again I'd go this way...

That MRB3 is BA!
You're going to have to mount a couple of speakers regardless, a lot of us have had good luck with these...
https://www.amazon.com/Noam-N4-Wakeboard-Waterproof-Construction/dp/B00UHXXOJE?tag=sxsweb24-20

Reactions: Mudder
R

RickMaynard

May 22, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use my rechargeable waterproof speaker, lasts like 10-12 hours and is plenty loud enough while driving, use two Velcro straps to the top bar and it's good to go.

I do the same thing with my JBL speaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Backwoods
BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
i did the little speaker deal until i had the money to do it right. For a little speaker i would recomend the Altec lancing life jacket series. the super life jacket has around 50 hours of battery, waterproof, floats and is loud.

For a full stereo i would recommend a full on amp with tower speakers or speaker pods and a bluetooth controler. you will never get the full sound out of a sound bar. and if you get a four channel amps or similar upfront you can add on to it as you go.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i did the little speaker deal until i had the money to do it right. For a little speaker i would recomend the Altec lancing life jacket series. the super life jacket has around 50 hours of battery, waterproof, floats and is loud.

For a full stereo i would recommend a full on amp with tower speakers or speaker pods and a bluetooth controler. you will never get the full sound out of a sound bar. and if you get a four channel amps or similar upfront you can add on to it as you go.

You’re right you’ll never get the full midrange from a sound bar/sub setup BUT consider my full fiberglass enclosure setup was 55lbs with no sub or sub amp and that was at the very top of the ROPS. The WetSounds 6 bar is 13lbs the sub is 21lbs and I’m planning on mounting it at floor level in the middle.

If you’re a flatlander the full setup ain’t bad and you’ll get the best midrange, but if steep stuff is your thing the lower weight of a sound bar may be better for you. Cost will be about the same.

Reactions: Mudder
F

Fischer

Dec 22, 2019
The woods
Ownership

1. 500
Do you have a picture of your set up?

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
I made this boom cooler. For the three needed amp channels I just used a $25 amp card with built in Bluetooth (Shown). The three channel needs a bit more voltage than the 14.4 volts you get while running so I added a $5 Boost/Buck converter to step it up a bit. This cooler also holds my chips/cigars and paper goods while on the trail. I had to add metal latches to keep the lid tight. This sounds more powerful than most of the other rigs I see on the trail, the 8" sub actually works :)

3chan IMG 20170622 114026159

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
I use a JBL Extreme bluetooth speaker I already had. Excellent sound, bass response and volume. Heavy zip tie to top roll bar and done. Can be paired with other JBL stuff. Pro: no wires. Con: gotta recharge.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!