BOX1

P700 random suspension thoughts

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
im not near my bike right now cause im at work for 2 weeks but a thought entered my head about forward a arms vs stocks. has anyone ever really took a look at the geometry of our stock a arms? they sit back what looks like 1.5 inches kinda wondering if you flipped them over what would be the end result? if the ball joint holes line up right whats really keeping it from rewelding the shock tab. on the bottom and flipping the ball joints?

Reactions: 1rooster
M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
im not near my bike right now cause im at work for 2 weeks but a thought entered my head about forward a arms vs stocks. has anyone ever really took a look at the geometry of our stock a arms? they sit back what looks like 1.5 inches kinda wondering if you flipped them over what would be the end result? if the ball joint holes line up right whats really keeping it from rewelding the shock tab. on the bottom and flipping the ball joints?
I think the bottom arms are wider than the top not sure iv tried swapping sides with mine that didn’t work

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
oh no. im talking about keeping the top and bottom where they are just flipped upside down

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
the geometry has to be spot on for it to work. . might try it when i get home with the bottom since im changing a ball joint. but that would be in 2 weeks give or take

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Might could swap them from one side to the other?
thought about that 2. just wondering how far it would take it from center. cause i have 5 inches on my suspension and i didnt hear any pops or any problems on my suspension this last run. except the 32s rubbing plastic that is

1rooster

1rooster

Jul 18, 2017
Fitzgerald Georgia
Ownership

1. 700-4
Looks to me like it may work. Only thing I see that would not work is the little bracket that holds the brake line secure. Literally just transfer one side to the other side. Also it may be more like 3-4 inches forward over stock.
DB0B26FD BF80 4C9C BDB2 077D5784A5DC

Reactions: Smitty335
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Looks to me like it may work. Only thing I see that would not work is the little bracket that holds the brake line secure. Literally just transfer one side to the other side. Also it may be more like 3-4 inches forward over stock.View attachment 139618
yeah that be my biggest fear. i think 2.5-3 inches would probably be fine anything past that would be too much. my brake lines are ziptied in place because im running portals and brakes are on the backside of the hub. just redoing the shock mount which probably if it lined up right might be able to just add a tab or a flat mount welded in place moving the shocks back to right spot.

1rooster

1rooster

Jul 18, 2017
Fitzgerald Georgia
Ownership

1. 700-4
Alan if you ever have to take your front end apart again (axles, hubs, exc), you should try it and see what needs to be modified. “Looking from the pics I don’t see why it wouldn’t work?

Reactions: Backwoods
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Alan if you ever have to take your front end apart again (axles, hubs, exc), you should try it and see what needs to be modified. “Looking from the pics I don’t see why it wouldn’t work?
im doing a ball joint when i get home. ill just take the whole lower a arm off and see. how far out it goes if it fits just flipping it. only thing i could think of would be the bushing holes might not be inline right. but could just be way off forward. but i still have 1.5 weeks on the rig

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
yeah thats not going to work. i did a little finagling yesterday with some string . there is no way to swap them out without braking a front axle. you end up with about 3 inch forward on the bottom and 4 inch forward on the top. it would end up pulling the axles apart too far.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!