P500 Ready to go fishing

Martin

Martin

Sep 29, 2015
Mont-Laurier, Qc, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
There is still a lot of snow up here but since I got my P5 in January I had to get ready for fishing in the middle of winter and I wanted to test the rig before heading to my preferred lake. So we rode with the canoe with sill 2 feet of snow on the ground, good thing my dad and I were all by ourselves..... wait, did I just post a picture of this on a forum???? Ho well, it is what it is....

At least I know my rack design works great and it very light too.

Canoe rack

rubicon05

rubicon05

Dec 24, 2015
Southern, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
that is awesome. The more threads on the P500, the more I'd like to sell my old Rubicon and get one! I love them!!

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There is still a lot of snow up here but since I got my P5 in January I had to get ready for fishing in the middle of winter and I wanted to test the rig before heading to my preferred lake. So we rode with the canoe with sill 2 feet of snow on the ground, good thing my dad and I were all by ourselves..... wait, did I just post a picture of this on a forum???? Ho well, it is what it is....

At least I know my rack design works great and it very light too.

View attachment 12199

Did you fabricate this rack or is there for sale? Looks very creative and attractive idea for me

Martin

Martin

Sep 29, 2015
Mont-Laurier, Qc, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Did you fabricate this rack or is there for sale? Looks very creative and attractive idea for me
I designed it and a friend of mine did the welding. I haven't find any commercial canoe rack on the market for the P5 so I made a plan for one. I can send you my sketching if you want.... It is primitive but the basic information is on the plan. You may have to modify it a bit as on my P5, I have a big cargo box that I built.... Send me an e-mail at [email protected] and I'll send you more info and pictures.

Martin.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
just did, thank you!

Martin

Martin

Sep 29, 2015
Mont-Laurier, Qc, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 12207 Looks good I just used foam bumpers under my canoe last summer. But the trail I was using is pretty smooth so it did not bounce too much.
It is very bumpy ride to get to my fishing spots. I needed something stable and safe for the canoe. With your setup, I don't think my canoe would make it in 1 piece where I need to go. It would certainly break in half. But as you mentioned, if you are riding in smooth trails, there is no issues with your setup. Happy fishing!

Martin

Martin

Sep 29, 2015
Mont-Laurier, Qc, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
I designed it and a friend of mine did the welding. I haven't find any commercial canoe rack on the market for the P5 so I made a plan for one. I can send you my sketching if you want.... It is primitive but the basic information is on the plan. You may have to modify it a bit as on my P5, I have a big cargo box that I built.... Send me an e-mail at [email protected] and I'll send you more info and pictures.

Martin.
And by the way, the metal we used to build it is from the metal frame the P500 was delivered on at the dealer.... Ask your dealer for a couple, the throw them out.... It is thin metal but strong enough to make a canoe rack....

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
And by the way, the metal we used to build it is from the metal frame the P500 was delivered on at the dealer.... Ask your dealer for a couple, the throw them out.... It is thin metal but strong enough to make a canoe rack....
Something about the looks of a side-by-side with the canoe on the roof just says hey I'm about to go have fun I like it

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
I would like to drive a UTV with tracks at some point to experience the difference compared to tires... Great looking rig and enjoy time with Dad..

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Now thats a coll setup for some backwoods fishing.

One weird question though.... why do you have it pointing up in the front?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!