BOX1

P1000 Rear axle shaft(s) same as front?

C

C_Brown1988

Oct 12, 2020
East Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I Have a broken outer cup on a front axle. I know the rear 2 axles have different inner cups, and the front 2 are the same. I have spares for both rears but not for the front. Has anyone swapped inner cups around from a front shaft to a back shaft? Dont really want to have to wait on another axle if I dont have to.

Reactions: TxDoc
AZRocks

AZRocks

Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2019
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I Have a broken outer cup on a front axle. I know the rear 2 axles have different inner cups, and the front 2 are the same. I have spares for both rears but not for the front. Has anyone swapped inner cups around from a front shaft to a back shaft? Dont really want to have to wait on another axle if I dont have to.
Do you mean drive shaft boots? Based on the clamp sizes, it looks like all 4 inner boots are the same size, and all 4 outer boots are the same. Inner and outer boots are not swappable. My best guess.

Reactions: wrhii
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!