P1000 Rear Brake Wear

Cattrell

Cattrell

Nov 26, 2018
Church Hill TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So my rear brakes started squealing on one of our rides, I came back and pulled the brakes and low and behold the rear pads were all but gone. The Machine has around 900 miles on it ( they are all fairly hard trail miles) So I went a grabbed a set of pads from the dealer for all the brakes.
To my surprise, when I pulled the front brakes they were only about half worn. Is this normal? In everything else I have ever dealt with the front always wears faster than the rear.
Do I have a problem that I need to track down or is this normal?
Thanks for the input !!

Reactions: TripleB

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So my rear brakes started squealing on one of our rides, I came back and pulled the brakes and low and behold the rear pads were all but gone. The Machine has around 900 miles on it ( they are all fairly hard trail miles) So I went a grabbed a set of pads from the dealer for all the brakes.
To my surprise, when I pulled the front brakes they were only about half worn. Is this normal? In everything else I have ever dealt with the front always wears faster than the rear.
Do I have a problem that I need to track down or is this normal?
Thanks for the input !!
My brake pads wear completely opposite. My front pads were toast at 1,200 miles and rears were almost like new. Second set of fronts wore out at 7,500 miles and original rears are about half worn. My riding style is also completely opposite...all asphalt at high speed and making frequent complete stops (used for reading meters for a rural water provider). I don't know if there is a proportioning valve between front and rear on these machines like I have on my truck. Strange...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!