BOX1

P700 Rear Differential Vent Bellows Adapter

SuperYeti

SuperYeti

May 11, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Ownership

1. 700-4
A couple years ago the PSA on raising venting came out: Multi - PSA - Fuel tank breather hose - IMPORTANT modification for ALL! and the idea of using a bellows off a Polaris side by side for the differentials came up . I ordered it, and got it installed but was never happy with the installation as the nipple was smaller than the bellows diameter, and I had to use a hose clamp to cinch it down, but it wasn't great seal. After my last ride, while cleaning I noticed the bellows had torn at the base and decided to come up with a better solution that I'd been thinking about for a while.

This afternoon I prototyped up the solution. I need to adjust the dimensions a bit to accommodate o-rings to seal it up, and to get the set screw in a better location on the nipple, but the concept is solid and I'm going to proceed. This gets the bellows out of the way of the brake rotor and frame, and is the correct dimension for the bellows and the correct dimension for the vent so everything seals well and will be water-tight.

Here's a pic of it mocked up and installed tonight.
IMG 20180609 230350

Reactions: Tflynn
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Some Suzuki's use those. Have you looked at one of them to see if it matches up better, size wise?

SuperYeti

SuperYeti

May 11, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Ownership

1. 700-4
I found another thread on one of the rzr forums that gave a bunch of different crosses for quite a few manufacturers, plus some aftermarket people make them. For me the Polaris dealer was closest and ordered in 2 of them for me, so that's what I went with.

I didn't make any progress on the upgrade today, finished rebuilding my chainsaw instead. Got it running and idling today and the low speed jets adjusted, I still need to replace the bar studs, then mount a bar and chain and tune the high end and it's ready for break in.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Don’t do that.. just run a vent line. We’ve had members here have issues with blowing seals due to bellow use. @joeymt33

Thanks for the tag.

The bellows will cause problems. On a hot summer day running at higher speeds of 40 miles an hour I pushed the pinion seal out because the Bellow would not expand enough to relieve all the pressure. Even when I used one on the sub transmission there was a lot of pressure when I remove the dipstick. It sounded like popping the top on A canned drink.

SuperYeti

SuperYeti

May 11, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks for the tag.

The bellows will cause problems. On a hot summer day running at higher speeds of 40 miles an hour I pushed the pinion seal out because the Bellow would not expand enough to relieve all the pressure. Even when I used one on the sub transmission there was a lot of pressure when I remove the dipstick. It sounded like popping the top on A canned drink.

Ok thanks for the heads up. Any sources you can recommend for the vent tubing, and connectors to extend it?

Reactions: joeymt33
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok thanks for the heads up. Any sources you can recommend for the vent tubing, and connectors to extend it?
@Bayouownbeer offers a kit ready to go.
Importing it across the border might not be cheap though. In the end, you might break even buying stuff locally.
Hit parts source (are they still around?) or Princess Auto and grab a kit of vacuum connectors, and a roll of vacuum line, 3/16" should do it if I recall.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!