William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How comfortable are the rear seats on the 5? I'm still deciding on a crew sxs and really want to stay with Honda. I'm also looking at the new Yamaha wolverine x4, and teryx 4. My p500 is awesome and I will keep it....

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
How comfortable are the rear seats on the 5? I'm still deciding on a crew sxs and really want to stay with Honda. I'm also looking at the new Yamaha wolverine x4, and teryx 4. My p500 is awesome and I will keep it....
I don't think P1-5 back seats would be comfortable for large and tall people.

M

matt33

Jun 4, 2016
NE PA
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Better than I expected. My 6' tall brothers rode back there for a couple hours with no real complaints. The rear is definitely better suited for smaller people or kids, but it works for 6' and under non-obese adults in a pinch.

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks! I guess my choices now are between the 700-4 deluxe and p1000-5 eps...

Reactions: Dp5hunter
D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pioneer back seats are ok for kids, as long as you fix the heat issue. If I had it to do all over again I’d buy the Yamaha Wolverine X4. Not sure what the heat is like in them though.

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pioneer back seats are ok for kids, as long as you fix the heat issue. If I had it to do all over again I’d buy the Yamaha Wolverine X4. Not sure what the heat is like in them though.

I'm going to drive an x4 when I see one at the dealer... looks awesome!

Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2017 1000-5 deluxe and I'm 6'3". I've riden a little in the back seat but wouldn't want to spend hours back there. My wife has complained about the heat in the back, but my kids have not. I have an 8 & 4 yo, and the four of us have enough room in the front seat if you don't wear seat belts. I've had a total of four men, a cooler, shotguns etc... in mine no problem.

I would recommend the 5 seater for the room and versatility.

Hawkeye

Hawkeye

Sep 9, 2017
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've got 1000-5, my observations is the rear seating position in hondas is somewhat low for complete leg comfort for someone over 5'2". Meaning my wife legs are in a catchers bent position when seated and she's 5'6" and not parallel (90*) when seated. For an hours ride or so not a problem but a full days ride it becomes one for her.

I believe Honda made the seats this way to lower Center of gravity for the machine due to wheel base but giving so much head room above they gave options to us owners. What I've found two things that work and I've seen this posted using seat foam cushions available on internet and lash strapping them to lower seat. I've found the pads for 20 bucks each, add the height you need for each passenger and seat belts still work. When I add two 3" cushions to each seat puts her legs like a car at 90* for max comfort. Note: these cushions do compress to bout 4".

The other one I discovered was the kolpin trailTec AP camo rack pad. It has a crease in it in the center to fold it in half. I turn it upside down push the crease over the center hump and bam it covers both seats perfect and adds 3.5 inches of nice firm seat foam and no lash straps. Best of all it's made for outdoors and can be had for 55 bucks on the amazon.

Good Luck
Hawkeye

Ps
if you want photos let me know

Hawkeye

Hawkeye

Sep 9, 2017
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMG 1010
Here's the kolpin seat pad. I measured it and it's right at 3" in height.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!