Talon Rear wheel hp numbers game

S

Sandfreak

Nov 29, 2018
Oregon
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Being the YXZ wasn't as efficient as Yamaha claimed, how do guys think the Honda will fare once it's thrown up on a chassis dyno? Think Alba said a little over 20% drivetrain loss on the YXZ which put it at around 88 rwhp.

Reactions: BWAF
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Being the YXZ wasn't as efficient as Yamaha claimed, how do guys think the Honda will fare once it's thrown up on a chassis dyno? Think Alba said a little over 20% drivetrain loss on the YXZ which put it at around 88 rwhp.
I would expect it to be a little better persentage then Yami. Even though I believe the Yami trans to be as efficient if not better it looses a bit with separated components.

D

Deleted member 3748

I would expect it to be a little better persentage then Yami. Even though I believe the Yami trans to be as efficient if not better it looses a bit with separated components.
Like some of the millennials on this site say, Honda doesn't do performance, so the Yamaha will beat it. *rolls eyes* I think the Talon will be compatible with the YXZ for this year.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Like some of the millennials on this site say, Honda doesn't do performance, so the Yamaha will beat it. *rolls eyes* I think the Talon will be compatible with the YXZ for this year.
After seeing the numbers I think they will be very close to the ground

S

Sandfreak

Nov 29, 2018
Oregon
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I hope the Honda will respond to a ecu tune and exhaust header as well as the YXZ. Even better would be a turbo kit if the Honda engine and transmission will be robust enough to handle another 50-70 hp.
Us dune and desert guys will want more power especially with some of us currently having 145-200 rwhp SXS's.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Right up until the GYT turbo opens up.
Lol. Well no s***:rolleyes: at some point boost will be available for the Honda
8E56DF83 C794 44A3 B5DD F13531E02515

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That would be awesome but even a dct transmission in a half million dollar super car has around 15% loss.
Would be awesome to have almost no loss though.
It’s not going to be a ton more efficient like some think but being a married unit will help. At any rate better then a belt

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The pioneer lost about 24% so the Talon should be similar. That would put it at 79 rwhp.
But hp has drastically increased with same trans setup so I would assume around the same hp loss, should be lower percentage loss?

Reactions: BWAF
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
The YXZ does have a heavy flywheel and a driveshaft to the trans so there would be a little loss there. I know they are getting pretty big gains drag racing the yxz just from a light weight flywheel, like 2 bike lengths. I saw somewhere that showed the Talon with 1 more rwhp than the RZR.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!