Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Canam recall

SOURCE - BRP Recalls Side-by-Side Off-Road Vehicles Due to Injury Hazard (Recall Alert)

Name of product: Side-by-side off-road vehicles
Hazard: The vehicles can unexpectedly roll away when in the “park” or “P” position, posing an injury hazard to users.

Remedy: REPAIR

Consumer Contact: BRP toll-free at 888-272-9222 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET any day or online at www.can-am.brp.com and click on the Off-Road website and then the “Owners” tab at the top of the page and then “Safety” and then “View Notices” for more information.

Units: About 780

Description: This recall involves model year 2016 Can-Am Defender, Defender DPS, and Defender XT model side-by-side off-road vehicles. The vehicles were sold in various colors and have four tires, two seats and a cargo box on the back. “Can-am” is printed on the side of the cargo box and the model name is printed on the side of the front of the vehicle beside the headlight. The model name and vehicle identification number (VIN) are printed on a label under the glove box. Contact BRP or a BRP dealer to verify VINs included in the recall.

Incidents/Injuries: The firm has received six reports of the vehicles moving when in the “park” or “P” position. No injuries have been reported.

Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled vehicles and contact a BRP dealer to schedule a free repair. BRP is contacting all known purchasers directly.

Sold At: Can-Am dealers nationwide from October 2015 through December 2016 for between $10,000 and $15,700.

Importer(s): BRP U.S. Inc., of Sturtevant, Wis.

Manufactured In: Mexico

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I apologize for the delay keeping the club informed on safety recalls that effect similar Powersports.
I have made a good effort to list them all as they hit the CPSC website. As we seem to be collecting a good many I think I will look at adding a section just for recalls.

Several more recalls on the way. Stand by.

Reactions: Jediwrathchild

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!