Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Pioneer1000

Honda is issuing a voluntary SAFETY RECALL to inspect for a loose or mis-set throttle body on ALL Honda Pioneer 1000 models.

EFFECTED UNITS:
  • ALL 2016 Honda Pioneer 1000 Models
  • ALL 2017 Honda Pioneer 1000 Models
  • ALL 2018 Honda Pioneer 1000 Models
WHAT:
  • Loose or Mis-Set Throttle body. Check to make sure the throttle body is in place and set correctly for all 2016-current Honda Pioneer 1000 models.
WHEN:
  • ASAP, All users should stop use of their Honda Pioneer 1000 until a inspection can be completed. Contact your local dealer to schedule this inspection.
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY:
Dealers must STOP SALE on all Honda Pioneer 1000 models until the inspection procedure is completed. See Honda Service Bulletin SXS1000 #6, which is posted to iN on the Honda dealer network.

HondaSxS.com is working to collect exact inspection procedures and will update this soon.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Officially listed on hondas website now.

CPSC RECALL NUMBER: null

Campaign Description: 16-18 SXS10 THROTTLE BODY RCLL

mfr campaign id: KJ6

recall date:

recall status: VIN/HIN Required

Summary:

PIONEER 1000 THROTTLE BODY MIS-INSTALLED

SAFETY RISK:

ON CERTAIN VEHICLES, THE THROTTLE BODY ASSEMBLY WAS NOT INSTALLED PROPERLY TO THE INTAKE TUBE. IF THE THROTTLE BODY BECOMES DETACHED FROM THE INTAKE TUBE, THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR FIRE.

REMEDY:

CALL ANY AUTHORIZED HONDA POWERSPORTS DEALER AND MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO HAVE THE THROTTLE BODY INSPECTED AND IF NEEDED, CORRECTLY INSTALLED, FREE OF CHARGE. INSPECTION AND REPAIR OF THE THROTTLE BODY WILL TAKE APPROXIMATELY 18 MINUTES TO COMPLETE. PLEASE ASK YOUR HONDA DEALER FOR THE SPECIFIC TIME YOUR SIDE BY SIDE WILL NEED TO STAY AT THE DEALERSHIP WHEN MAKING AN APPOINTMENT FOR THIS RECALL REPAIR. SHOULD YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS RECALL OR NEED ASSISTANCE LOCATING AN AUTHORIZED HONDA POWERSPORTS DEALER, YOU MAY CALL HONDA POWERSPORTS CUSTOMER SUPPORT: 1-866-784-1870 OR USE THE FIND A DEALER OPTION ON WWW.POWERSPORTS.HONDA.COM

Read more at Recall Information - Honda Powersports

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Dgrinde

Dgrinde

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
View attachment 85129

Honda is issuing a voluntary SAFETY RECALL to inspect for a loose or mis-set throttle body on ALL Honda Pioneer 1000 models.

EFFECTED UNITS:
  • ALL 2016 Honda Pioneer 1000 Models
  • ALL 2017 Honda Pioneer 1000 Models
  • ALL 2018 Honda Pioneer 1000 Models
WHAT:
  • Loose or Mis-Set Throttle body. Check to make sure the throttle body is in place and set correctly for all 2016-current Honda Pioneer 1000 models.
WHEN:
  • ASAP, All users should stop use of their Honda Pioneer 1000 until a inspection can be completed. Contact your local dealer to schedule this inspection.
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY:
Dealers must STOP SALE on all Honda Pioneer 1000 models until the inspection procedure is completed. See Honda Service Bulletin SXS1000 #6, which is posted to iN on the Honda dealer network.

HondaSxS.com is working to collect exact inspection procedures and will update this soon.
Thanks.

Reactions: BWAF
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Polaris had a recall yesterday on the ROPS, they were breaking at the welds just from normal riding around. If I remember ROPS are a federal requirement standards so I guess the government shut them down.

BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
Polaris had a recall yesterday on the ROPS, they were breaking at the welds just from normal riding around. If I remember ROPS are a federal requirement standards so I guess the government shut them down.
The Turbo S cage was folding. they are all made out of the same thin muffler pipe.

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just called and checked, no recalls listed at this time.

Yeah my dealer basically told me it just came out today, they don't know much and if my machine hasnt been an issue yet don't sweat it.

Reactions: BWAF

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Good to know. And while we're mentioning other manufacturers' recalls on a Honda site, I just received a recall on my 2008 Ford Ranger for potentially fatal airbag injuries.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!