P1000 Recommendations on winches

DennyChapman

DennyChapman

Sep 7, 2021
Statesboro Ga.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finally got my pioneer, didnt get the P1000-3 LE like i was supposed to, but miraculously found my P1000-5 Deluxe, which already has a roof and windshiled. So I’m looking to add a wench and soundbar immediately. Any thoughts on brands , sizes, Etc.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Finally got my pioneer, didnt get the P1000-3 LE like i was supposed to, but miraculously found my P1000-5 Deluxe, which already has a roof and windshiled. So I’m looking to add a wench and soundbar immediately. Any thoughts on brands , sizes, Etc.
Depends on what your planning on pulling with the winch. I would check the sxs store before u buy a winch. I have a 3500 in the front and back on my Pioneer. The front is a superwinch tera 35 the back one is a viper. 3500 has worked fine pulling machines and giant longs on at the hunt camp from down trees.

Last edited:
G

Gunsite Guy

Apr 19, 2021
Trinidad, Co
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
I only know of one wench in Ga. Are you rich? I know another in Idaho but she is really particular. I getting too old for wenches but there was a time....<G>

Wait a minute, did you mean winches? Go to the club store and you will not be disappointed. You might be with some of the wrenches I have known.

s/f Steve

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I went with a harbor freight 5000lb winch on my pioneer 1000-5. My talon came with a harbor freight 3500lb.

I haven’t had a problem with either pulling me out. I agree it depends how often you are going to use it and how heavy you want to pull. Mine probably gets used 4-5 times a year. Once in a while for mud, but mostly I get stuck in the snow.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Have owned two winches - Superwinch Terra 35 (3,500#) and Superwinch Terra 45 (4,500#). Happy with both, but wish they came with a wireless remote.
I have a Superwinch Terra 35 on my 2014 Grizzly 700 EPS. Has been a great unit for 7+ years (put to pretty good use). No issues.
The wenches, of course, still own me.
And they always will ... :)

Bama-Daniel

Bama-Daniel

Lifetime Member
Feb 25, 2021
Priceville, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a viper elite 6000 wide spool that I got from the club store. Used it this weekend and it worked just like it should. I planned on getting a 4500 but was out of stock so opted for the 6000. Also like the extra line of the wide spool.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
So do you have to just get the mount bracket for the stock brush gaurd. Or do i need another brush gaurd for the wench to mount
The std honda mount will work with your stock brush guard

Reactions: Lady01
StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So do you have to just get the mount bracket for the stock brush gaurd. Or do i need another brush gaurd for the wench to mount
I think you can keep your stock brush guard, but my experience is with a P1K1000-LE.
I bought a KFI mount, which is inverted to have the cable spool over the top. Inverted reduces the angle through the fairlead rollers to reduce wear on the wire/rope. The fairlead bolts through the brush guard to a backplate that comes with the mount.

It was very easy to install, did it all solo, and I didn't have any trouble putting the brushguard back on myself. There are stories on other threads where people struggled to get the brush guards back on.

This is it. The fairlead bolted onto the stock brushguard and you can easily reach the freewheel release around the left side. You can also see the snowplow mount underneath. Most of my use has been to lift the plow, but I've recovered a stuck SxS and it was good to have the 4,500# pull. We anchored my machine and dragged a razor up hill. (Eternal truth: Honda tows Polaris).

I found the link to the mount and it looks like this will cover you. It was very easy to install.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rick53 and Lady01
StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a Superwinch Terra 35 on my 2014 Grizzly 700 EPS. Has been a great unit for 7+ years (put to pretty good use). No issues.

And they always will ... :)
"And they always will ..."

And I've come to terms with that. 🖖

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!