BOX1

Recovery

BKopp

BKopp

Sep 26, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Went to circle E this weekend and the worst possible time Saturday night at 9:00 broke an axle which took out my tie rod. Woke up to 4+ inches of nasty wet snow so It’s way back in by the cave/waterfall. Will have to be fixed down there and rode out. I ordered parts and was planning this coming Saturday to go get it but Wednesday looks warmer and dry before more rain/snow Thursday through Saturday. Anybody have time to help recover?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JenElio
D

DDDonkey

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 29, 2017
AZ
Wish I was closer, hope you find someone to help!

Reactions: JenElio and BKopp
BKopp

BKopp

Sep 26, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It did really well all weekend but what’s weird is I needed to back up about 5’ for the guy in front of me up a slight smooth incline when it let go. Broke the cv which torqued the wheel and snapped tie rod. It’s a 2016 with 3200 miles and first break down. The razors and Kawasaki’s I was riding with were really impressed with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Wish I could help but ...

How long does a repair like that take 'out there' ? Will you replace the CV onsite or remove the driveshaft and drive it out 2wd? Completely new to SxSs.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dont break the ball joints loose... that's too much work.
remove lower shock mount and tie rod. and bungie them out of the way.
Then, remove the 2 lower a-arm bolts and lift it up and the axle will go in this way.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Wish I could help in anyway bud!

But.... Sounds like a good opportunity to make a how to video while trail side 😉😁

Good luck 👍

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!