P1000m5 Remi’s Stroker 30 Build And Other Cool Bs!

Remington submitted a new Garage Item:

Remmy's Stroker 30 Build
And Other Bs!

Sorry for the late build fellas. I must say with work, honey do's and owning a cabin that like another house, it take up a lot of your time! Now that bow hunting season is upon us, more time will be taken up in a good way
This all started when I wanted a SXS to go along with my 2 ATV's and my property/cabin in the great northern woods of northern lower Michigan. There we have some nice trails outside my cabin door. The other was for hunting and general work around the cabin and home. I owned a nice 02' jeep TJ that I fixed up and never really used it that much not to mention the insurance sucks on those! So I convicted my wife of 16 yrs if I sold it I could get a SXS. Now I've owned Polaris ATV's for sometime, and a 2000 Honda Forman that the wife drives. After selling the jeep, I went to looking for a SXS. I wanted a Polaris general, needless to say, nice seats but wasn't impressed. Then I got into a P100-5 and WOW!! I was hooked, and so begins this Journey.

She looked like this when I found her! Needed some wheels
View attachment 23366 View attachment 23367
Ah much better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Read more about this showcase item here...

Last edited by a moderator:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
So I have this 52” curved light bar. I decided to make my own brackets like @CumminsPusher did to his. Like a dumb chit, I looked at it in pics and thought I had this down. Well....sort of! I actually in Good intentions got longer bolts and nuts and a pice of 1/8” steel plate (not the 3/16”) CP had. And started home after meeting my wife for dinner on the way home from work. When I got home it was then I said “OH CHIT! This isn’t what I read last night” so I looked up cP’s thread again, got some valuable ideas and then took what I had and put my HVAC Tin knocking experience to work! To my surprise I made some dam good and sturdy brackets and the light it very tight and uniform to satisfy my OCD self. Now the pics you see are raw and the bolts aren’t tight and metal is not refined, your just lucky I remembered before I finished to take some pics lol. So don’t get your panties in a wad! Haha
Now, I have them in paint right now and will be installing the final tonight if dry or tomorrow if not.
734D6D8C 9B31 4E22 BF61 DD044677BB8D
3AD760D7 3DB3 40C2 B4C5 8AEA52D863BD
746D2A63 BCF2 48F0 B47C 382991335485

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Ok there painted. Will have to wait till tomorrow to install the light, got to be up at 4:30am for work. Wiring and new switch (replacing the side lights switch) is complete.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Looks good buddy. How the heck could you wait to put the bar on lol. If you have problems with rotation throw on some of this style lock washers on to help
View attachment 88297
Lol. I had to paint the nuts black after putting the brackets on so I wanted to let them dry. I didn’t like how they stuck out! My ocd again hahaha. Thanks for the tip. I’ll have to try that if I get some rotation.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you give any thought to slotting the holes and putting your bracket between the cage halves?
It doesn't appear you have much thread engagement of the nut on the bolt, plus all the empty space behind your bracket? You would have to make a few bends for it to work, but being in HVAC, I am sure you can make the bends without issue.

Reactions: sharp and Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Did you give any thought to slotting the holes and putting your bracket between the cage halves?
It doesn't appear you have much thread engagement of the nut on the bolt, plus all the empty space behind your bracket? You would have to make a few bends for it to work, but being in HVAC, I am sure you can make the bends without issue.
I didn’t think about doing that. It might make the bracket I already have too short tho, I’d have to make another. Yes the bolt and nut is sorter than I thought but I put some locktight on the threads. There is a lock nut on the inside of the bolt to the cage. The nut you see is strictly for the bracket nothing else. With the weight it should be fine. But now with the idea of putting it between the cage half’s now has my mind wondering. Thanks for that idea, guess I was a bit Tonnele visioned

Reactions: sharp and tr005
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I didn’t think about doing that. It might make the bracket I already have too short tho, I’d have to make another. Yes the bolt and nut is sorter than I thought but I put some locktight on the threads. There is a lock nut on the inside of the bolt to the cage. The nut you see is strictly for the bracket nothing else. With the weight it should be fine. But now with the idea of putting it between the cage half’s now has my mind wondering. Thanks for that idea, guess I was a bit Tonnele visioned
If you have a nut hidden behind your bracket, you should be golden. I just thought the only nut holding it all together was the one pictured.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
If you have a nut hidden behind your bracket, you should be golden. I just thought the only nut holding it all together was the one pictured.
I kinda thought that lol. I was so into getting this together, I forgot to post step by step pics. But thanks for asking that,cuz if I had forgotten that I definitely would have ben in a heap of trouble on my first ride.

Reactions: sharp and tr005
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Ok, it’s done! Had a change of hart well...sort of. I re thinked my brackets and bought some 3/16” bar stock and bent them to the proper angle and drilled them. Also bought some longer bolts and used a lock nut to first secure the ROPES and then washers for shims with another lock nut to really secure the bracket. I then used the the heavy duty steel brackets that came with the light to mount it. That gave me a better way to remove my hood easier. I still have the other brackets just in case I don’t like this one. Although I don’t think that will be the case. BTW this sucker is bright!

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, it’s done! Had a change of hart well...sort of. I re thinked my brackets and bought some 3/16” bar stock and bent them to the proper angle and drilled them. Also bought some longer bolts and used a lock nut to first secure the ROPES and then washers for shims with another lock nut to really secure the bracket. I then used the the heavy duty steel brackets that came with the light to mount it. That gave me a better way to remove my hood easier. I still have the other brackets just in case I don’t like this one. Although I don’t think that will be the case. BTW this sucker is bright!View attachment 88413 View attachment 88414 View attachment 88415 View attachment 88416
Looks good man! Try turning the bumper cubes out to the side but not all the way, I think you would like it.

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Looks good man! Try turning to bumper cubes out to the side but not all the way, I think you would like it.
That’s a great idea! I actually had the top corner cubes that went bad turned that way. The front ones were for a more flat light if that makes sense? But now I can turn those to get the affect those the old top ones. Might even be a better effect being there lower, thanks Sharp!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Ok, it’s done! Had a change of hart well...sort of. I re thinked my brackets and bought some 3/16” bar stock and bent them to the proper angle and drilled them. Also bought some longer bolts and used a lock nut to first secure the ROPES and then washers for shims with another lock nut to really secure the bracket. I then used the the heavy duty steel brackets that came with the light to mount it. That gave me a better way to remove my hood easier. I still have the other brackets just in case I don’t like this one. Although I don’t think that will be the case. BTW this sucker is bright!View attachment 88413 View attachment 88414 View attachment 88415 View attachment 88416

Much better! ;)

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Got my fabric mid panel installed today. Thanks @GlockMeister for the lead on this. Worked out real good. Was able to keep my front speakers in place and my interior light from being covered. The panel is a little gappy in spots but will serve its purpose.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
My fabric doors are just kind of sitting in there right now. Waiting on the hardware that I just ordered four of them. This will give you an idea what it will look like with the partial enclosure. This will be nice on those cooler hunting days or cooler trails days that we have here in the north. One things for sure the wife will be happy on those days.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Also bought some new tires. Going with 30 inch truck style tires. There Achilles desert hawk MTs. Got a hell of a deal on them they look great going to mount them this week just waiting to get my arched arms to help accommodate the bigger tires. Otherwise it will probably rub but this is a Upgrade that’s been on my list for quite a while.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Reactions: sharp and Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Those tires look Awesome!
Thanks. I thought so as well. I’m so dam exited to put theses things on. I just need to get my A arms next. Might all happen after deer camp. Got a lot of things going on leading up to that then till the end of the month. Will see tho.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Also bought some new tires. Going with 30 inch truck style tires. There Achilles desert hawk MTs. Got a hell of a deal on them they look great going to mount them this week just waiting to get my arched arms to help accommodate the bigger tires. Otherwise it will probably rub but this is a Upgrade that’s been on my list for quite a while.View attachment 91918 View attachment 91919 View attachment 91920
Good looking tires! Wonder if they come in a 14?

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Thanks. I thought so as well. I’m so dam exited to put theses things on. I just need to get my A arms next. Might all happen after deer camp. Got a lot of things going on leading up to that then till the end of the month. Will see tho.
I'll be glad to help you with those Deer!:)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!