P1000m5 Remi’s Stroker 30 Build And Other Cool Bs!

Remington submitted a new Garage Item:

Remmy's Stroker 30 Build
And Other Bs!

Sorry for the late build fellas. I must say with work, honey do's and owning a cabin that like another house, it take up a lot of your time! Now that bow hunting season is upon us, more time will be taken up in a good way
This all started when I wanted a SXS to go along with my 2 ATV's and my property/cabin in the great northern woods of northern lower Michigan. There we have some nice trails outside my cabin door. The other was for hunting and general work around the cabin and home. I owned a nice 02' jeep TJ that I fixed up and never really used it that much not to mention the insurance sucks on those! So I convicted my wife of 16 yrs if I sold it I could get a SXS. Now I've owned Polaris ATV's for sometime, and a 2000 Honda Forman that the wife drives. After selling the jeep, I went to looking for a SXS. I wanted a Polaris general, needless to say, nice seats but wasn't impressed. Then I got into a P100-5 and WOW!! I was hooked, and so begins this Journey.

She looked like this when I found her! Needed some wheels
View attachment 23366 View attachment 23367
Ah much better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Read more about this showcase item here...

Last edited by a moderator:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Also bought some new tires. Going with 30 inch truck style tires. There Achilles desert hawk MTs. Got a hell of a deal on them they look great going to mount them this week just waiting to get my arched arms to help accommodate the bigger tires. Otherwise it will probably rub but this is a Upgrade that’s been on my list for quite a while.View attachment 91918 View attachment 91919 View attachment 91920
Are those Honda upper doors or a different brand?

Reactions: sharp and Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Cool, how are you liking them?
Not sure yet cuz there not installed lol. I just bought them used from a wrecked pioneer (they weren’t on at the time) thank god! Just a bit dirty. I didn’t remove them, they were one eBay and were sight on seen. I got them very reasonably just had to get a hardware parts list and concact honda to get them ordered. Seem like they’ll fit nicely for my needs. I’ll post a report as soon as the parts arrive and I test them out.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Not sure yet cuz there not installed lol. I just bought them used from a wrecked pioneer (they weren’t on at the time) thank god! Just a bit dirty. I didn’t remove them, they were one eBay and were sight on seen. I got them very reasonably just had to get a hardware parts list and concact honda to get them ordered. Seem like they’ll fit nicely for my needs. I’ll post a report as soon as the parts arrive and I test them out.
Good deal, hope they fit well and serve their purpose.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Got my soft doors installed today. Was an sob because the printout instructions from honda has...the cut outs did not line up so I had to improvise on the alinement. Also these I bought used at a very good price did not come with the strap to open the door from the outside. So I had some scrap strap and sheet metal to make a J hook for the latch. It looks nice but when you look from inside, there are some gaps for air. I’ll have to address that later. Bottom line is that I personally would never pay full price for these honda soft doors. But I’m happy I have these. The wife will be happy on cold days.

tr005

tr005

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2017
Big Rapids, Mi.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got my soft doors installed today. Was an sob because the printout instructions from honda has...the cut outs did not line up so I had to improvise on the alinement. Also these I bought used at a very good price did not come with the strap to open the door from the outside. So I had some scrap strap and sheet metal to make a J hook for the latch. It looks nice but when you look from inside, there are some gaps for air. I’ll have to address that later. Bottom line is that I personally would never pay full price for these honda soft doors. But I’m happy I have these. The wife will be happy on cold days. View attachment 93651 View attachment 93652

View attachment 93650
Looking good Remington. How’s the heater mod coming?

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Looking good Remington. How’s the heater mod coming?
Haven’t takled that yet. Hopefully soon. Took me a while to get to these doors. Winter came earlier this year and being in the HVAC business, ben swamped. The first couple weeks of real cold brings out all the folks that wait till the last minute to turn stuff on. I have some new tires and A arms to put on after I get back from deer camp. Crazy how quickly that came up too!

tr005

tr005

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2017
Big Rapids, Mi.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Haven’t takled that yet. Hopefully soon. Took me a while to get to these doors. Winter came earlier this year and being in the HVAC business, ben swamped. The first couple weeks of real cold brings out all the folks that wait till the last minute to turn stuff on. I have some new tires and A arms to put on after I get back from deer camp. Crazy how quickly that came up too!
Know what you mean. Finally got my blind ready today.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Know what you mean. Finally got my blind ready today.
That’s excellent. Glad to hear that. I know you’ve ben working a lot too! Better now then opening day.

Reactions: BWAF and sharp
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I got home from deer camp and had a few extra days off so I got around to changing my tires. I’ve changed hundreds in my time as a mechanic with crazy Roush Mustang stage 2 low profile z rated 24” tires so I have a good handle on dismounting and mou bring tires. So I bought with my 20% off coupon one of these Harbor Freight portable tire changer. Same concept just doing it manually. Gives you a work out! But if your in shape your good to go. Cost me 32$ in the end but well worth it for these guys. I’m happy with the results. BTW the tires look BA too! Just waiting for my SATV arms to arrive this weekend. Oh..and before anyone says something about the scratches on my rims, I play hard sometimes that’s how I got them. Not from the tire changer.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!