P1000m5 Remi’s Stroker 30 Build And Other Cool Bs!

Remington submitted a new Garage Item:

Remmy's Stroker 30 Build
And Other Bs!

Sorry for the late build fellas. I must say with work, honey do's and owning a cabin that like another house, it take up a lot of your time! Now that bow hunting season is upon us, more time will be taken up in a good way
This all started when I wanted a SXS to go along with my 2 ATV's and my property/cabin in the great northern woods of northern lower Michigan. There we have some nice trails outside my cabin door. The other was for hunting and general work around the cabin and home. I owned a nice 02' jeep TJ that I fixed up and never really used it that much not to mention the insurance sucks on those! So I convicted my wife of 16 yrs if I sold it I could get a SXS. Now I've owned Polaris ATV's for sometime, and a 2000 Honda Forman that the wife drives. After selling the jeep, I went to looking for a SXS. I wanted a Polaris general, needless to say, nice seats but wasn't impressed. Then I got into a P100-5 and WOW!! I was hooked, and so begins this Journey.

She looked like this when I found her! Needed some wheels
View attachment 23366 View attachment 23367
Ah much better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Read more about this showcase item here...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So far these seem to be easy to unstack. The teeth and connectors are huge so that should help.
Yep they work good , only thing I would watch out for is I have hear / read somewhere that the clear top organizers - that if exposed to direct sun for long enough (no idea how long) the plastic can act as somewhat of a magnifier. think just be aware , the back should be shaded well

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yep they work good , only thing I would watch out for is I have hear / read somewhere that the clear top organizers - that if exposed to direct sun for long enough (no idea how long) the plastic can act as somewhat of a magnifier. think just be aware , the back should be shaded well
Thanks, I thought if something like that along those lines. They are under the roof so shouldn't be much of an issue but ill keep an eye out for that.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I forgot, I have to credit another person. @Tramguage1 pushed me over the top with the Pack outs on his talon when i seen them in person. @Ragnar406 I think started the wheels rolling in my head early on tho lol. Either way many thinks.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Howdy folks! Been little over a month since ive been on. Been busy as you would guess. So i added some Milwaukee pack out boxes. One is a cooler, small tool box and a large one and some small boxes that i might change out later, will see. Kinda got sick of my storage bins and separate cooler to have to tie down. The inly sacrifice is the bed liner. Not a huge sacrifice cuz it was a PITA to remove at times. So ill just get a heavy rubber mat to lay down in the back when im hunting. Otherwise, im still able to use the back seats cuz the pack out bases are close to the same size at the seats. Cant take credit for this. Some of my other friends @Russ989 and @joeymt33 to name a few initially came up with the idea and i just put my own spin on it lol.
About that cooler ........ I looked at one a couple days ago at HD and could not believe how flimsy and light it felt, consider it was $100. Have you had a chance to use it for a day or two? Is it insulated enough to keep ice all day?

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
About that cooler ........ I looked at one a couple days ago at HD and could not believe how flimsy and light it felt, consider it was $100. Have you had a chance to use it for a day or two? Is it insulated enough to keep ice all day?
I have used mine on one trip so far, its not a 2or 3 day cooler. It will keep 6-8 cans cold for the day. If you were looking to take a case of beverages for a overnight trip this is no the cooler for you. I hav 2 of them and put ice adrinks in one and dry food/ snacks in the other.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
No, what @Tramguage1 said is about what I was expecting. I usually ride day trips anyway. I have a small soft Yeti that sits in the middle seat that i put other drinks in. Yes its 99$ but its made for the pack out. So to have the ease ability for the lock down and the ease of removal is worth it for me. When my shop gets me my new service truck this year Ill be getting one for there as well. I can only keep ice a day in my service truck in any cooler due to the extreme heat the truck gets.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have used mine on one trip so far, its not a 2or 3 day cooler. It will keep 6-8 cans cold for the day. If you were looking to take a case of beverages for a overnight trip this is no the cooler for you. I hav 2 of them and put ice adrinks in one and dry food/ snacks in the other.
No, what @Tramguage1 said is about what I was expecting. I usually ride day trips anyway. I have a small soft Yeti that sits in the middle seat that i put other drinks in. Yes its 99$ but its made for the pack out. So to have the ease ability for the lock down and the ease of removal is worth it for me. When my shop gets me my new service truck this year Ill be getting one for there as well. I can only keep ice a day in my service truck in any cooler due to the extreme heat the truck gets.
That is about what if figured. I have 4 P/O components, but the chest did not seem worth the money to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: BWAF
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
That is about what if figured. I 4 P/O components, but the chest did not seem worth the money to me.
Yup, your entitled to that opinion for sure. Again, all depends on what your using it for. Cost is what it is cuz Milwaukee has the pack out lock patent so they kind of got us by the balls on this one for now. When i use it this weekend, ill be sure to give a full report.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I'm a believer in the KISS principle. I asked several questions and read perhaps 100 posts on the subjects of wheels & tires for Pioneers.

On advice from other members I bought a set of Tensor Regulators in size 28x10x14 and mounted them on take-off Honda LE wheels.

I use 1" spacers on rear wheels to restore normal tread width at rear and match the tread width of the fronts.

My tires clear everything. No need for lift kits, aftermarket A arms, high dollar shock absorbers, and best of all - no regrets.

Last edited:
Paul_H_L11

Paul_H_L11

Supporting Member
Jan 28, 2021
Covington, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Now the back plate because there is no cross bar I had to mount a bolt to the back of the head rest like @JACKAL did in his build. I used another grade 8 bolt for this as well. The hike is already in the driver side and a 3/8 hole was drilled for the passenger side. Once adjusted it's all down hill from there! Figuratively. View attachment 181080
Driver side
View attachment 181081
Passenger side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you turned that bolt in the headrest around it might make a smaller hole in the head with the cap end of the bolt instead of the shank and nut?

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Been just over a yr since ive posted on here! :eek:
the ole girl has needed some freshening up. Fixed some wiring added new synthetic rope, removed the light bar and installed some RC pods just to open some things up a bit. I have them on my Talon and like them aaaalot! There is more im working on but u will just have to wait and see!!!

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Got home tonight and decided to do some welding. jacked up the rig and put bar stock in the factory braces of the machine to stiffen her up a bit. Added some flat stock to the front where there isnt a brace. Cleaned so other areas on the frame that needed touching up.
36C01AEB 239F 4A47 90C9 D50D7EA535FB

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Ok, here is so e of what Ive been doing to the old girl when Ive had time. I got some new RC dual light bars that hide in the front bumper. There quite nice. Didnt need the 100 foot of wire that comes with it! Holy cow! I re used the OTR switch and bussman relay i already had for the lightbar i took out.
0A3BC354 EAB5 4BD8 8581 BCDF537DD044

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Next up was the replacement of my old aluminum skids with some @SuperATV skids. These are 1/2” thick and fit well and durable. My old Rival skids were great. They have hit widow-maker quite a few times at Royal Blue and held up well. Alittle dented but still good. Just wanted a change and a different look. Glad i did, had some wiring to tidy up underneath and another big project upgrade.
A25FB25D 35CA 4CAA A7EE E09A830EF2BB

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Next in line is my heater upgrade. Bought it from RC. Had a hard time pulling the trigger but it was a good choice in the end. My other heater was a jeggs 2 port heatee that i made the ductwork myself. The vents were at the seat kick plate only and the switch control was there as well. Not ideal but worked until someone sat in the middle then kicked the switch and broke it!
I wanted better control of the heater and other locations for the venting and I didnt have alot of room or choices. The heater is under the seat like the jeggs but with better antifreeze hose routing as well as heater hose routing. I made my own plate to match the switch plate I made and located where the Honda OEM switch plate went in early P1 rigs. Still have 2 vents down low but in a better position. The air is powerful and seems to give off good heat. The fan overide switch helps this process much like the old heater did. I still have the jeggs heater if anyone is interested? It still works. PM me if interested.
6914F5CD 4FBD 442C 8A39 3B1C3DAC4E2B

Phantomhunter1

Phantomhunter1

Mar 2, 2021
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Your skid plate looks great. I recently put this exact skid plate on. I used rivet nuts where I could. Didn't use the on the outside tube where the holes weren't exactly on a flat surface. I installed the 6mm bolts with never seize to help with removal if need be. My question is would you recommend using blue locktite or keep the never seize on these bolts? I was thinking with the locktite at least you wouldn't lose any. Any ideas?

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Looks great, @Remington !!

My question is would you recommend using blue locktite or keep the never seize on these bolts? I was thinking with the locktite at least you wouldn't lose any. Any ideas?

Personally, I'd leave the anti-seize/Never-Seez. Keep an eye out for bolts that loosen. If you start to see a few, then replace with the good ole blue Loctite.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Your skid plate looks great. I recently put this exact skid plate on. I used rivet nuts where I could. Didn't use the on the outside tube where the holes weren't exactly on a flat surface. I installed the 6mm bolts with never seize to help with removal if need be. My question is would you recommend using blue locktite or keep the never seize on these bolts? I was thinking with the locktite at least you wouldn't lose any. Any ideas?
I used anti seize. Pre drilled the spots for the bolts as well. Just get them on tight. My last skid plate i did what I said above and never lost a bolt, they all came out as well. In the end Id say its a preference. If I loose one then maybe Ill put some loc tight on the replacement. But ive never lost one yet 🤷‍♂️

Phantomhunter1

Phantomhunter1

Mar 2, 2021
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used anti seize. Pre drilled the spots for the bolts as well. Just get them on tight. My last skid plate i did what I said above and never lost a bolt, they all came out as well. In the end Id say its a preference. If I loose one then maybe Ill put some loc tight on the replacement. But ive never lost one yet 🤷‍♂️
Thanks guys. I'll stick with the anti seize

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Got some Xbrite side mirror's same brand thats on my Talon. They have held up well. Didnt want the built in lights, too much cluster fuc of lights im moving away from on this rig already. The flag print sets it off and matches the rest of the rigs theme on the doors.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!