P1000 Removing the CAT from Factory Exhaust How-To

B

BTadowG

May 9, 2020
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just a small update. I put about 100 miles on it since the delete. The heat under the seat and under the bed has decreased. Even my wife agrees. I can't tell a difference if it's any louder. We were riding in rain and 40 degree weather and we wanted the heat back 😂
Did you notice any power loss/gain down low or up high? Was it worth the trouble?

Dezrik

Dezrik

Follow me for adventure!
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2018
MOAB, Utahhhhhhhh
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm not sure if it increase performance, it mainly got the heat out of the engine faster. I ended up getting it tuned shortly after and also did IGR. I'm thinking about upgrading the exhaust now to something more free flowing.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm not sure if it increase performance, it mainly got the heat out of the engine faster. I ended up getting it tuned shortly after and also did IGR. I'm thinking about upgrading the exhaust now to something more free flowing.
Keep old exhaust ??I will delete cat once mine arrive, might save me time if you decide to get rid of yours old. Im in MT

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just finished my CAT removal, and found I think simpler way to do it by exactly one less cut of the exhaust pipe and one less weld too.

I love it , way more heat reduction then I thought , I had also engine plastic cover off, and did not feel so much heat flow like with CAT .

DONT bother with cold rod knocking out way or/and drilling out CAT, way too labor intensive with poor results. And now with less welds and cuts on your outside pipe muffler it makes it more easier and less frustrating to achieve.

As you can see I tried to drill out but CAT is at least 4 in long.

20210523 120430 20210523 120448

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Just finished my CAT removal, and found I think simpler way to do it by exactly one less cut of the exhaust pipe and one less weld too.

I love it , way more heat reduction then I thought , I had also engine plastic cover off, and did not feel so much heat flow like with CAT .

DONT bother with cold rod knocking out way or/and drilling out CAT, way too labor intensive with poor results. And now with less welds and cuts on your outside pipe muffler it makes it more easier and less frustrating to achieve.

As you can see I tried to drill out but CAT is at least 4 in long.

View attachment 273519 View attachment 273520
Nice 👍
Does O2 sensor still read normal??
Do you have any more pics of the process?

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah after I did mine I realized you only needed to make one single cut and you could pull the whole cat out of the "muffler" portion. Great add to the post 😎

Would be great if you would update your post with that observation , the 8ball929 would save some time of frustration with that second pass weld :), I almost followed your post but once placed it under cutting blade, and then it HIT me :)

If you have PLEASE edit your fist post and correct it, so no one would make that mistake.

Last edited:
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice 👍
Does O2 sensor still read normal??
Do you have any more pics of the process?

Yes all works normal. No pics, Dezrik described what to do with extra unnecessary step (cutting twice , no need to cut above CAT just only at the side that faces engine and its 7 3/4 " precisely. If you decide to do it , pm me with your cell and I can guide you. Just find someone to weld or practice on the leftover pipe and cat to weld them together, I adjusted V and wire speed on dummy before welding muffler.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Yes all works normal. No pics, Dezrik described what to do with extra unnecessary step (cutting twice , no need to cut above CAT just only at the side that faces engine and its 7 3/4 " precisely. If you decide to do it , pm me with your cell and I can guide you. Just find someone to weld or practice on the leftover pipe and cat to weld them together, I adjusted V and wire speed on dummy before welding muffler.
Thanks!!
It'll be a while before I get to it but ill keep that in mind 👍

Dezrik

Dezrik

Follow me for adventure!
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2018
MOAB, Utahhhhhhhh
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Would be great if you would update your post with that observation , the 8ball929 would save some time of frustration with that second pass weld :), I almost followed your post but once placed it under cutting blade, and then it HIT me :)

If you have PLEASE edit your fist post and correct it, so no one would make that mistake.
The original post can't be edited as there is a editing time window enabled within the forum

someguy1313

someguy1313

Mar 5, 2021
SouthEast
Ownership

1. 1000-5
1. will this start throwing codes at some point? check engine lights?

Interested but dont want to be chasing ghost codes.

2. What aftermarket exhaust sets achieve the same result (ie - cat delete)

Reactions: Lady01 and solrus
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
1. will this start throwing codes at some point? check engine lights?

Interested but dont want to be chasing ghost codes.

2. What aftermarket exhaust sets achieve the same result (ie - cat delete)
No codes. Two pioneers on my street with delete no codes at all. Again all sensors are precat.

No idea about after market exhausts. They are loud. I want to stay silence as much as possible and cool :)

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

S

scdaf

Mar 31, 2021
central Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wouldn't remove the spark arrestor under ANY circumstances (except to clean, of course). In the past 25 years, we've had at least 2 100,000 + acre forest fires started in our area by ORVs with modified exhausts. Spark arrestors are there for a reason.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!