P1000 Replacing pistons and rods, need specs

P

powertech

Dec 27, 2016
East Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Dropped in to deep and bent the rods. Going to replace the pistons, rods etc. Would it be to much to ask if anyone would post the torque specs on the head and rod bolts? And does the manual state to use new head bolts. Thanks

Reactions: CumminsPusher
P

powertech

Dec 27, 2016
East Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It's unfortunate that these things happen. This is my uncles Pioneer and he had traveled this creek bed many times in the past and unfortunately one section had been dipped out with a excavator and he didn't get the memo. It was dark also which didn't help. He did not get the engine shut off in time. I'm the guy that wrenches on everyone's machines and I thought maybe someone that has a service manual would care to share the torque specs. May have to obtain a manual if our rides keep ending up this way. Lol

Reactions: Plumber32
Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's unfortunate that these things happen. This is my uncles Pioneer and he had traveled this creek bed many times in the past and unfortunately one section had been dipped out with a excavator and he didn't get the memo. It was dark also which didn't help. He did not get the engine shut off in time. I'm the guy that wrenches on everyone's machines and I thought maybe someone that has a service manual would care to share the torque specs. May have to obtain a manual if our rides keep ending up this way. Lol
I have one but won't be home for a few days. I'll be home Saturday but me up if you don't find out by then

P

powertech

Dec 27, 2016
East Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just now have my parts list together. It'll be a few days anyhow. I really appreciate the help.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I could be incorrect but I think if you enjoy the forum and become a lifetime member I think you have access to the manual from here.

Reactions: Tflynn
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I could be incorrect but I think if you enjoy the forum and become a lifetime member I think you have access to the manual from here.
Sorry. That is not currently a offering. Though I do hope it can be in the future.

But, if you need photos of a page I'll be glad to post.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you for the clarification. Either way this forum is the best resource all the way around. Thank you guys for all that you do.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tflynn
P

powertech

Dec 27, 2016
East Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hopefully this will not be a habit of going inside the engine. Several manuals that I do have were made available for download but I've not found one for the 1000. I just rebuilt a Honda PWC engine which is similar to the Pioneer except it has two more cylinders and you have to spit the cases. I appreciate the feedback from all. If you would like to post a page or two I could use the rod bolt torque and head bolt torque and sequence. Thanks again

1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I saw no mention of new rod bolts.

IMG 1650
IMG 1651

Reactions: powertech
P

powertech

Dec 27, 2016
East Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks again for posting these specs. I ordered new head bolts anyways so should be good to go. Where are you located in Ky?

1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
On the West end, about 10 minutes from KY and Barkley dams.

P

powertech

Dec 27, 2016
East Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have the engine on the Pioneer back up and running. Obviously, I replaced both rods and went ahead and replaced the pistons, pins, rings and bearings. I wanted to thank all again for chiming in with help. I'm now working on that intake system to gain some extra height.

B

BJowett

Feb 17, 2017
Extreme Western Massachusetts
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is excellent info, thank you for sharing it. Given that the casting looks to be ready for machining to take the secondary spark plugs, perhaps it is shared in the pre-machined condition with the Africa Twin. This means the ports could be the same... so the remaining power differences are mostly bolt on, but not all.

Did you have a 3 angle valve job performed? Always good gains with that.

Leea706

Leea706

Oct 15, 2018
Monticello Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I need help with engine timing on SXS1000. I have the motor finished after sinking it with only 40 hrs riding time. Need help timing crank and camshaft.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!