P700m4 Replacing tires question

C

Colton

Apr 15, 2017
Saint Maries
So it's not a secret the factory tires suck... bad.... I found this out the hard way 9 miles from
The truck last night. A stick stabbed right through the tred of the tire. We made it back to the truck with out damaging the wheel I don't think.... anyways looking at replacements.

If I replace the rear two with a factory size (25x10-12) looking at the bear claws will I be okay leaving the two front stock? I can afford to buy two rears right now just can't afford all 4.

The machine has 300 miles on it and tires have no wear on them.

Thanks

Colton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Should be fine. What about fixing the tire. Threw the tread is usually fix able

Reactions: Tflynn and sharp
swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
That way you can save to buy 4 larger better tires.... 25 inch tires are ridiculous for this machine,,, 27 inch is perfect IMHO

C

Colton

Apr 15, 2017
Saint Maries
654317376f6ac62303e2cc1a71cec64c

I don't think it's fixable plus the amount we did have to drive on it while it was flat I'm assuming it's garbage

Reactions: swsebek and sharp
swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
View attachment 46984

I don't think it's fixable plus the amount we did have to drive on it while it was flat I'm assuming it's garbage

I bet that's fixable and wouldn't be afraid of it on the 700. Doesn't turn em fast enough to do anything. Take that tire to a fix it shop.. if 4 large plugs don't work then grind in side and glue patch in it....I

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I bet that's fixable and wouldn't be afraid of it on the 700. Doesn't turn em fast enough to do anything. Take that tire to a fix it shop.. if 4 large plugs don't work then grind in side and glue patch in it....I
I put a patch on the inside and a tube on one of my stock front tires after jamming a stick through the side wall, put 1300 miles on them like that with no other issuses.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I would be hesitant to only replace the rear tires unless you replaced them with stock tires which I doubt you want to do. The reason is, not all 25" tires will actually measure a true 25". This is true for all sizes by the way. Brand "X" 25" tire might actually measure 25.25" while brand "Y" 25" tires actually measure 24.75". Even a slight difference like that can goof things up when you engage 4wd.

Reactions: joeymt33
jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
So it's not a secret the factory tires suck... bad.... I found this out the hard way 9 miles from
The truck last night. A stick stabbed right through the tred of the tire. We made it back to the truck with out damaging the wheel I don't think.... anyways looking at replacements.

If I replace the rear two with a factory size (25x10-12) looking at the bear claws will I be okay leaving the two front stock? I can afford to buy two rears right now just can't afford all 4.

The machine has 300 miles on it and tires have no wear on them.

Thanks

Colton

I think you'll be fine if you replace them if ya can't patch it. I am a bit backwards but I ran stocker's and wore the front ones out in 2400 miles. Threw a set of stock size mud lites on front and wore them out with the stock Blackstone rears still on. Blackstone rears still have some thread and took em all off at 4885 and threw same size 27x9 radials all 4 corners and love em. Depends on your riding. I don't think I'd mix bias and radials but no fear in tire brand changes same size in pairs front or rear. I even ran some Bear Claws on the front for a short period with the Blackstone's on the rear. Good luck.

20161203 113328

N

NHPioneer

Aug 28, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 700-4
Ok folks. Here’s my question from a newbie too. P700-4 w/1000 miles on the stock 25” tires and the rear tires are getting worn. I probably should replace them with New all around and everyone recommends 27”. I love the deluxe stock rims. I do really no muddling in NH as it’s just a few puddles. The trails are mostly hard pack logging roads (dirt) and some stoney boney trails and then toss in some tar access roads 10% for good measure. I was looking at 27-9-12s for the front and 27-11-12s for the rear. Or do you recommend one size all around and if so what tires for either option? Thanks. Like I said, I’m a newbie so don’t beat me up too bad.

swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Ok folks. Here’s my question from a newbie too. P700-4 w/1000 miles on the stock 25” tires and the rear tires are getting worn. I probably should replace them with New all around and everyone recommends 27”. I love the deluxe stock rims. I do really no muddling in NH as it’s just a few puddles. The trails are mostly hard pack logging roads (dirt) and some stoney boney trails and then toss in some tar access roads 10% for good measure. I was looking at 27-9-12s for the front and 27-11-12s for the rear. Or do you recommend one size all around and if so what tires for either option? Thanks. Like I said, I’m a newbie so don’t beat me up too bad.
For what you say,I would say tusk terrabites 8ply 27-10-12 all the way around...That way you can rotate

Reactions: Tflynn
Max718

Max718

Jun 7, 2017
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'm confused..if he runs the same size all the way around .. all 4 tires on deluxe rims.. why could you not rotate them ?
The rear rims are wider and will rup on the brake calipers . When I took the stock wheels off mine I tried to see if the rear would work on the front and seen it wouldn't

Reactions: Deluxe700
Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
The rear rims are wider and will rup on the brake calipers . When I took the stock wheels off mine I tried to see if the rear would work on the front and seen it wouldn't
OHHHH...didn't think about that.....yep that makes sense

N

NHPioneer

Aug 28, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 700-4
I checked online and could not even find tusk terabytes in 27x10x12 with or without rims.

swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I checked online and could not even find tusk terabytes in 27x10x12 with or without rims.
I did too. They got 9s and 11s but no 10so_O
I only recommend them cause of the good reviews I have heard on them for your ride. You could just do a 9 on front 11 on rear and call it a day.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!