BOX1

P1000 Reset the DCT Clutch / Clutch Initialize Learning Procedure Pioneer 1000 / Talon 1000

S

Snakerbaker

Aug 24, 2021
Yulee Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry again for the lag in my response as now we have been getting things ready for the latest hurricane. But that seems like how it’s acting I’ll pay closer attention today when I start on it. Could it burn the clutch on shuck a short drive less the a mile driving slow but it sure sounds like it as far as lot’s of gas to get it moving and bad shifting. Also it blew the main fuse and I’ve checked the other fuses under the hood but seeing other post that there may be fuses under seat and dealer told me there were fuses under steering wheel but haven’t found any that’s not under the hood.

D

Daniil

May 1, 2023
Lithuania
Ownership

1. Talon X
Ok, any of you that read my intial problems with the machine not displaying the correct drive mode, etc.... those have all been fixed. I did the ajustment a couple of times and drove it like it should be driven. What didn't get resolved is both the AT and MT indicators have remained lit. The machine is performing flawlessly but this annoys the crap out of me. After reading this post again today I realized that maybe I need to do this procedure.

Well, it doesn't work for me. I can never get the display to flash "-", and I cant get the AT and MT indicators to extinguish. Do I need to adjust the shift cable? I've adjusted the drive mode cable, but not the shift cable.

I truly love this machine but these little BS things are pissing me off. Now I find the front left shock leaking all over my garage floor... grrr. I have two hunting trips coming up. One this weekend and one next weekend. I can deal with the AT/MT display issue, but a leaking shock isn't good for where I go.

I've challenged my 2004 Rancher and previously owned 2005 Rincon much more than what I've asked this machine to do and neither failed me. Honda really dropped the ball on this machine. Walker Evans is in my future. It's sad that Honda didn't think through their flagship SxS.
hi, please help me, how did you solve the problem of MT and AT not disappearing at all, thanks

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
hi, please help me, how did you solve the problem of MT and AT not disappearing at all, thanks
Go to the very first post on this thread, the procedure is outlined with pictures of what you should see. Please note, everything has to be done without ANY delay or it will not take. I probably went through the process 10 times before I was proficient with procedure to actually reset it and make the MT / AT go away.

Reactions: Smitty335 and CID
H

HondaTech

Sorry again for the lag in my response as now we have been getting things ready for the latest hurricane. But that seems like how it’s acting I’ll pay closer attention today when I start on it. Could it burn the clutch on shuck a short drive less the a mile driving slow but it sure sounds like it as far as lot’s of gas to get it moving and bad shifting. Also it blew the main fuse and I’ve checked the other fuses under the hood but seeing other post that there may be fuses under seat and dealer told me there were fuses under steering wheel but haven’t found any that’s not under the hood.

Only fuses on a Pioneer 1000 are under the hood.

Talon fuses are between the seats and in the battery box.

Reactions: CID and Smitty335
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!