BOX1

Retractable Harness ?

Moab_Marty

Moab_Marty

Jul 12, 2019
Moab + Western CO
Ownership

1. Talon R
Has anyone come across a retractable 4 or 5 point harness for the Talon?
My buddy with a CanAm X3 RC has one for his as an OEM accessory. I have avoided getting a standard 4 point as it restricts the ability to lean out the side when wanting to see wheel placement on a trail obstacle etc.

Reactions: GPR1500SC
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone come across a retractable 4 or 5 point harness for the Talon?
My buddy with a CanAm X3 RC has one for his as an OEM accessory. I have avoided getting a standard 4 point as it restricts the ability to lean out the side when wanting to see wheel placement on a trail obstacle etc.
The X3 harnesses cannot be made to fit they have to mount horizontally to work correctly.

There is not enough room behind the calendar seats to mount them and the belt feed correctly. there is not enough room behind the calendar seats to mount them and the belt feed correctly.tried it on my neighbors by taking the X.3 harnesses off my pioneer

Reactions: CID and Isaiah
B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
if you don't have a rear window, you might be able to buy 4 thin wall bar clamps with machined flats, then bolt a 3/8" x 3" x 12" thick flat plate to the bar clamps and build some C-brackets to bolt to the harness & the plate so set level behind the bar and line up with holes in seats. I built similar setup for my YXZ. If I could sketch better I would draw up.

Now I will tell you why you don't want the Can-Am ones. Because of the ratchet system, they constantly pull at the lower attachment points (the lower part loosens up and the latch point moves up your chest). Mine got so bad, I went back to old style. Really need a 5 or 6 point so lower stays put. It is nice to be able to move around with the retractable type though. Not sure how the 6-point Polaris ones have to mount.

Reactions: Moab_Marty
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
if you don't have a rear window, you might be able to buy 4 thin wall bar clamps with machined flats, then bolt a 3/8" x 3" x 12" thick flat plate to the bar clamps and build some C-brackets to bolt to the harness & the plate so set level behind the bar and line up with holes in seats. I built similar setup for my YXZ. If I could sketch better I would draw up.

Now I will tell you why you don't want the Can-Am ones. Because of the ratchet system, they constantly pull at the lower attachment points (the lower part loosens up and the latch point moves up your chest). Mine got so bad, I went back to old style. Really need a 5 or 6 point so lower stays put. It is nice to be able to move around with the retractable type though. Not sure how the 6-point Polaris ones have to mount.
The issue I ran into was the plastic panel between the engine and seat.

The seat was all the way back, and there wasn’t room to mount the retractors below the holes in the seat. You want the below so it holds you in the machine if you have to use them.

If you’re under 5’10” maybe you could move the seat forward enough they will fit... it might depend on how you fit in the machine.

You could also heat the panel up with a heat gun and make room for them.

they do losen slightly but I haven’t decided if that’s from my lower body moving due to off camber trails or the retracts pulling in it but they don’t loosen much, they’ve gone from snug to I can tell they are loose.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!