DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I decided to do something with the 500 that i never did with my 700, and thats give my thoughts after 1 year of ownership. Sorry about the quality of the video, but it was kind of a spur of the moment thing...

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I decided to do something with the 500 that i never did with my 700, and thats give my thoughts after 1 year of ownership. Sorry about the quality of the video, but it was kind of a spur of the moment thing...

Nice review!

Reactions: Caper and DG Rider
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500

Good review.
I’m a big guy too. 6’ over 200. And I love it.
Maybe someone jacked up the shocks to the stiffest. Because I don’t find the ride too bad.
Tires make a big difference in getting around.
But yeah a diff locker is going to happen.
Beautiful country. How hot does it get.
:)
Caper

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Good review.
I’m a big guy too. 6’ over 200. And I love it.
Maybe someone jacked up the shocks to the stiffest. Because I don’t find the ride too bad.
Tires make a big difference in getting around.
But yeah a diff locker is going to happen.
Beautiful country. How hot does it get.
:)
Caper
A) My 2015 only has rear pre load adjustability. They're on the second full soft. I had them on full soft until I pulled the way bar. I stepped it back up in case there is too much body roll...Plus the fact that I'm also over "200 lbs"...LOL. it seems like the machine squats a bit right now so I don't expect going back down to soft would actually have any gains, and I have been meaning to try this again.

B) Yeah tires do make a big difference. I ran Big Horn originals on my 700 and it felt like bolting on a set of aftermarket shocks. Even compared with other aftermarket radials.

C) Casa Grande Arizona. It's okay... But it's desert without the cool features of most desert areas around here, its really not my favorite place.

D) Oh...Not more than 110-115.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Oh and @Caper, I should note that there was a shock change (maybe 2016) that some folks have said rides a bit better, but looses a touch of clearance.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Corn fed Bubba, like it!

Reactions: DG Rider
Nashby

Nashby

Feb 4, 2018
Ownership

1. 500
Good review! Thanks for Sharing I'm pretty sure I've seen every single Pioneer 500 video on YouTube. So anytime something new is released I'm excited! Yeah, I'm a YouTube Junkie!!

Reactions: DG Rider

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!