P1000 Review: 3-Seater Upper Doors by CEC Enclosures

OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I completed enclosing my 3-seater today with fabric upper doors by CEC Enclosures. $385 shipped. I have Honda glass, roof and hard rear panel.

931B2F2C 8837 4AD5 9CBF EC1B63DC6896

I considered the Honda OEM hard doors but way too much. Then the Honda OEM upper fabric doors but a number of people didn't seem pleased with them, mostly with the installation. They also didn't seem to seal up well. I liked the CEC ones but I gotta be honest, at first I didn't know if I was going to like zipping in and zipping out each time, like getting in and out of a tent. Because of the zipper design the whole things seals up really well, much better than the Honda OEM.

1D9ACFCC CABD 40FE 868E CC2BC2B35B89

Installation took just over an hour. It is a series of straps that snaps the fabric around the ROPS. I had to loosen the clamps to slip the straps under the windshield and roof. Most of them I had plenty of room to get around the extend vent lines and electrical lines I have zip tied to the ROPS. I had problem with two straps in the same spot on both doors. One strap was way too long and one was way to short up in the top rear corner where I couldn't snap it. I don't know why. Very minor and still very functional.

D09A432D 98B6 460A 8BC8 4336E6B0E495

Then you have to install snaps into the the lower door and base of the windshield. Easy to do. I own a boat and deal with canvass and snaps all the time. A really nice fit. You could easily transport this at 90 mph and it's not going anywhere, very air and water tight. To get in and out, you have to zip open the window, reach in and open the door. It is an extra step to get in and out but I think worth it because everything seals up so well. There is a way to roll the window up and strap it to the lower door.

I kinda wish I could just zipper the window right off but I have a feeling if they did that, it would become unzippered each time you opened the door. Then you'd have to thread the zipper each time. Removing the window would also prevent damage if I trail ride. I think taking them off and on will shorten to 20 minutes now that know the process and the snaps are in place. I heard the Honda upper doors are a pain to take off and back on. I'll probably only have them on December through February or March.

Overall I am very pleased with the design and workmanship. CEC was great to deal with. I think this is going to work very well for me.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I completed enclosing my 3-seater today with fabric upper doors by CEC Enclosures. $385 shipped. I have Honda glass, roof and hard rear panel.

View attachment 93053

I considered the Honda OEM hard doors but way too much. Then the Honda OEM upper fabric doors but a number of people didn't seem pleased with them, mostly with the installation. They also didn't seem to seal up well. I liked the CEC ones but I gotta be honest, at first I didn't know if I was going to like zipping in and zipping out each time, like getting in and out of a tent. Because of the zipper design the whole things seals up really well, much better than the Honda OEM.

View attachment 93054

Installation took just over an hour. It is a series of straps that snaps the fabric around the ROPS. I had to loosen the clamps to slip the straps under the windshield and roof. Most of them I had plenty of room to get around the extend vent lines and electrical lines I have zip tied to the ROPS. I had problem with two straps in the same spot on both doors. One strap was way too long and one was way to short up in the top rear corner where I couldn't snap it. I don't know why. Very minor and still very functional.

View attachment 93055

Then you have to install snaps into the the lower door and base of the windshield. Easy to do. I own a boat and deal with canvass and snaps all the time. A really nice fit. You could easily transport this at 90 mph and it's not going anywhere, very air and water tight. To get in and out, you have to zip open the window, reach in and open the door. It is an extra step to get in and out but I think worth it because everything seals up so well. There is a way to roll the window up and strap it to the lower door.

I kinda wish I could just zipper the window right off but I have a feeling if they did that, it would become unzippered each time you opened the door. Then you'd have to thread the zipper each time. Removing the window would also prevent damage if I trail ride. I think taking them off and on will shorten to 20 minutes now that know the process and the snaps are in place. I heard the Honda upper doors are a pain to take off and back on. I'll probably only have them on December through February or March.

Overall I am very pleased with the design and workmanship. CEC was great to deal with. I think this is going to work very well for me.
Hmmmm.......I’m not liking the idea of having to zipper in and out. I am glad however that you’re pleased with your purchase and I hope they serve you well!!

OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hmmmm.......I’m not liking the idea of having to zipper in and out. I am glad however that you’re pleased with your purchase and I hope they serve you well!!

I didn't at first. Then I saw guys had to add a snap or strap inside the top of the Honda fabric doors to keep them closed as speed. And it's only going to be for three months of plow season.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I didn't at first. Then I saw guys had to add a snap or strap inside the top of the Honda fabric doors to keep them closed as speed. And it's only going to be for three months of plow season.
Oh I hear ya, I won’t be buying the Honda ones either. I’m still hoping for something that’s practical and efficient to come along.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
We need @CumminsPusher to build us upper hard doors

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
Oh dude, that would be sweet, but he won’t come of his time on that, we’ve had this conversation too many times. Just going to have to wait until somebody does something really good that’s affordable.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh dude, that would be sweet, but he won’t come of his time on that, we’ve had this conversation too many times. Just going to have to wait until somebody does something really good that’s affordable.
@Cumminspusher upper doors with a third hinge maybe one bolt to take them on and off would be perfect and put a wing in it like the old 79 Chevys

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
@Cumminspusher upper doors with a third hinge maybe one bolt to take them on and off would be perfect and put a wing in it like the old 79 Chevys

You’re going to have to stop getting excited about CP’s doors, he’s not going to make you any. :D:D

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You’re going to have to stop getting excited about CP’s doors, he’s not going to make you any. :D:D
You think @CumminsPusher would do it for a grand? I'd pay that for front doors bet 40 other's would too .

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
You think @CumminsPusher would do it for a grand? I'd pay that for front doors bet 40 other's would too .

Nope, I don’t, but I’d pay that for them too.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

For that your doors would be much nicer then mine but I’d need the machine here for a bit. These machines have horrible tolerances, it’s impossible to build something that fits correctly without custom to each machine. That’s why all Sxs hard doors are bulky with thick weatherstrip that sits on outside of cage, we can’t have that where we ride.
In all truth that hole closed up at all helps tremendously. We originally had the Honda soft and if you spend time on install and readjusting doors and ROPS they fit pretty good.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
See there @BWAF, you’d have to have your rig in Spokane too. ;)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
For that your doors would be much nicer then mine but I’d need the machine here for a bit. These machines have horrible tolerances, it’s impossible to build something that fits correctly without custom to each machine. That’s why all Sxs hard doors are bulky with thick weatherstrip that sits on outside of cage, we can’t have that where we ride.
In all truth that hole closed up at all helps tremendously. We originally had the Honda soft and if you spend time on install and readjusting doors and ROPS they fit pretty good.
You trying to talk us into Honda soft doors CP? :D

Honestly, I’ve seen them in action, I’m not dropping five bills on them, I’m still hoping that somebody comes up with something better for the money.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You trying to talk us into Honda soft doors CP? :D

Honestly, I’ve seen them in action, I’m not dropping five bills on them, I’m still hoping that somebody comes up with something better for the money.
Not at all. For the money I’d buy what Onthejob did. I was pissed spending that much on the factory soft doors but they did work

Reactions: Remington and BWAF
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Not at all. For the money I’d buy what Onthejob did. I was pissed spending that much on the factory soft doors but they did work
I hear ya. I’m going to hold out for something better to show up on the market.

Reactions: BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I wanted a wing in it

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
There not inside rop but looks like they would hold up

Agreed. They sit pretty smooth. He did a nice job.

Reactions: Eltobgi and BWAF

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!