BOX1

*Revised* 700-4 Roof w/ Glass Windshield and Rear Panel

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
Got around to installing the roof and windshield. Wasn't hard at all but you do need a second pair of hands when lifting and positioning both the roof and windshield. It's advised to install the windshield before the roof.

Image10

Image12

Image11

A few more parts came in today. Installed the rear panel and laid out the bed matt.
Image11 1

Image8 1

Image 4

Image3 2

Image2 2

The real panel assembly comes in two parts. The roof must be of to install this kit. The lower panel goes in first and then the upper panel. I can see how the lower panel would help keep rain, snow or even a clod draft from coming up from behind. In the pic, the bed is lifted and looking at the rear outside of the cab.
Image6 1

The seal is very good, like the front windshield seal, between the panels and the roof.
Image4 1

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
Re: 700-4 Roof w/ Glass Windshield

Very Nice Bigriver! I'm thinking of getting the windshield also. It will be especially nice when temps drop and the bugs been drivin me crazy. What's the driving like with n without? Notice any difference with dust circulation? I have a few buddies who installed them on golf carts and they say that the get lots more dust in the interior.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2

Looks sharp!
Soon as you get a chance take it out, let us know how the windshield effects the dust-in-the-cab situation.

EDIT: Swamper...we both ask the same question at the same time...LOL! Yep...the Rhino guys say you don't want a full front shield unless you have a rear to keep the dust out.

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013

10-4 DG. I ordered the fabric rear panel today.. Hoping that will make a big difference. I wouldn't expect the windshield to dust the front much due to the coverage of the doors but I'm afraid the rear will keep a cloud of it.

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013

All I drove on today was the asphalt street and a small amount of trail near the house. I imagine that the dust could be bad. One of the items I'm waiting for that is backordered is the glass rear panel. It does have a sliding window similar to a pick up. Who ever may happen top sit in the rear seats will have top fend for themselves. LOL!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Bigriver....I am jealous, yours is turning into what I want mine to be, if it would ever get here....

a few questions:
Is the windshield plastic or metal frame? Looks metal
Did you get the glass or poly windshield?
can you send some closeups of the attachment points for the windshield?
Are those some sort of QR clips that I see...can you remove it easily once installed initially?

B

brando4905

Sep 10, 2013
Marion, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5

That looks real nice, Bigriver!

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013

ohanacreek said:
Bigriver....I am jealous, yours is turning into what I want mine to be, if it would ever get here....

a few questions:
Is the windshield plastic or metal frame? Looks metal
Did you get the glass or poly windshield?
can you send some closeups of the attachment points for the windshield?
Are those some sort of QR clips that I see...can you remove it easily once installed initially?

ohana...yes, the windshield frame is metal, finish is good and made strong. It's the tempered glass version from Honda. Yes, it's the same type of quick release clips found on the roof, with the addition of two brackets that bolt to the windshield frame and then connect to the top roll cage via these quick release clips.
You can barely see in this pic, the clips holding the roof as well as the windshield.
Image13

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

thanks bigriver, thanks for sharing what you know. It helps those of us less fortunate prepare.

M

motorman587

Sep 12, 2013

How much for that??? Awesome!!!

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013

motorman587 said:
How much for that??? Awesome!!!

How much....it really depends on your dealer. In that I purchased the 700-4, they saved me some on the full msrp of the parts.
What really saved me was buying during the tax free weekend here in Louisiana.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

BigRiver, You starting to build a nice ride. Thanks for posting pictures.

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013

Hondasxs said:
BigRiver, You starting to build a nice ride. Thanks for posting pictures.
Thank you, my A-Arm Guards are being powder coated, will pick them up in a few days and install. That's the last of the accessories that I have at this time, still waiting on front and rear rubber matts, the Switch /Harness Panel and rear Glass Panel.
Might get a wild hair on a few more items. :roll:

F

foggy

Sep 13, 2013

I just orderd the same thing - windshield and hardtop for a green 700-4. We will have twins. Looks like you have some overhead storage at jct of roof and windshield? also looks like mount area for a wiper? Any plans for a rear view mirror? Single or pair?

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013

Hadn't thought about rear view mirrors, kinda afraid I'd knock em' off going through some trails. There's is a somewhat small area where the roof and front windshield meet, maybe something could be fabricated to store something, but beware if it's not stored securely, it may end up in you lap, or worse... lol
Yes, there is a mount area for a wiper, for now, I'll pass on that.

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
Also, my easiest install yet.......the bed matt.

Image1 2

red4life

red4life

Aug 13, 2013
Does the bed mat stay secure or fall out when the bed is dumped?

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
I would say that it stays fairly secure. In the above photo, the bed is raised in the upright position. I'll write a review, check it out...

B

Bugnbrian

Lifetime Member
Aug 24, 2013
Big River that rear panel looks amazing. I did not imagine it would make such an aesthetic impact. Your pics should be in the Honda Signature Accessories catalog. Excellent choices. Also, I am glad you were able to get your Pioneer in time for the tax free weekend there in Louisiana, I remember you were getting concerned about it being there in time. Nice!!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
River, can you take some photos of the corners where the mid panel meets the roof? I am trying to add some speakers and don't have my mid panel yet.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!