BOX1

P700 Rincon 680 coil equivalent to Pioneer coil

1950Willys

1950Willys

Apr 4, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I damaged my spark plug boot trying to change spark plug as I bought it used and wasn't sure if previous owner ever changed it. . I have ordered a new boot and coil as its coating looked suspect. But at $100.00 for both i got to checking around. Will the Rincon coil from same year motor work? Its a 2014 so only a single plug. The Rincon can be bought new with boot for under 20 dollars. If it is possible zi plan to by the Rincon one for a spare.

H

HondaTech

The Boot can be removed and replaced separately.

There different part numbers so I'd say there's something, could be spark plug size or the fact the Rincon has am Iridium plug and the Pioneer doesn't.

Reactions: Mudwing
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
^^^ This

Don't know what it was about my 14, but I could not get that plug boot off without damaging it. It also pulled the innards out once.

1st time this happened, I couldn't get a replacement in time for a ride, so I went to NGK's website for replacement universal caps and got a number, and the local dealer had it in stock for like $14.
You'll have to find the resistance and plug connection type, then match up the angle.

JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
I will try to remember this issue for when I need to pull the boot for whatever reason! Thanks for the Thread of warning about this issue.

JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
As a matter of fact, after this next weekend ride in Kirby. I will pull mine hopefully not damageing it and apply some silicon to the boot!

1950Willys

1950Willys

Apr 4, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I believe the part numbers differ because on the Pioneer 700 the coil and wire are built together. On the Rincon the coil is one part, the wire one and boot is a third part. I'm no mechanic but since both are 680 single cylinders they may interchange. Would try it but don't want to grenade an engine for science. Was hoping someone on here had done it before and could say works or not.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I will try to remember this issue for when I need to pull the boot for whatever reason! Thanks for the Thread of warning about this issue.
It looks like it has changed. Already pulled my 2020 off once, and it came right off no problem. I'm betting 2015 and up dual plug models have changed.

Reactions: Backwoods
1950Willys

1950Willys

Apr 4, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
While waiting on my new oem coil and plug end to arrive I got bored and Googled plug wire repair. The old coil was one piece with the plug wire made into the output hole so once wire is damaged the coil can not be used. I found a Youtube video for emergency repair of damaged plug wire. I used a stainless steel nail, drove it into coil output and then used an old sparkplug wire. I heat shrank it to the coil so it wouldn't vibrate loose. I put it on 700 and it fired right up. I will put this one in my spare parts box and install my new coil and wire end once received.

IMG 0046IMG 0043
IMG 0043
IMG 0046IMG 0043
IMG 0046
IMG 0046IMG 0043

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!