BOX1

P500 Ripsaws are perfect.

NMSCAS

NMSCAS

Oct 1, 2017
tupelo, ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Both of the P500s in our group are running Ripsaw 27x9x14 tires on 14x7 wheels with 4x110 and 5+2 spacing. After watching both units preform over 2 weekends in dry and wet North Alabama conditions, I am convinced this is the perfect tire setup and size. The steering is a little heavy when stopped but perfect when moving. Mud ability is high. Tires clean out great. No rubbing when on technicall trails. Good ground clearance. There may be other tires that preform great also. But I would buy these again and recommend them. The P500 has enough power to keep these spinning and cleaning in the mud. Even sticking clay type. The tire does not hold the engine back. On road stability is very good even with the sway bar removed. Just throw that away. You don’t need it on a 40 mph machine. No stability issues. Ride is also better than stock says my friend who owns the other 500. I ordered ours with these tires so I can’t confirm that. What I like about these tires is on wet slick rock they fight side slipping. You have high camber grip and the ability to go in mud. The pure mud tires that have been in our group have pulled great in mud but side slip on wet rock in high camber. I am on stock bighorns on the 1000 and love them as well. I am still trying to see if one tire is outperforming the other. But so far I can’t tell the difference in the ripsaws and the bighorns.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I am on my second set of RipSaws!

Reactions: Bad_bowtie
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Kinda wished I had went with 27's already and 14's would give it less side roll but a little stiffer ride...wouldn't mind trying out that set up!
Depends what you're riding in...I witnessed two '15 P500's, one with Rip Saws and one with BH 2.0's climbing a sand hill and the BH's made it. Rip Saws probably out perform in the mud?
The Hill

D

Deleted member 3748

Kinda wished I had went with 27's already and 14's would give it less side roll but a little stiffer ride...wouldn't mind trying out that set up!
Depends what you're riding in...I witnessed two '15 P500's, one with Rip Saws and one with BH 2.0's climbing a sand hill and the BH's made it. Rip Saws probably out perform in the mud?
View attachment 57309
Your story sounds suspicious to me! :D

D

Deleted member 3748

Both of the P500s in our group are running Ripsaw 27x9x14 tires on 14x7 wheels with 4x110 and 5+2 spacing. After watching both units preform over 2 weekends in dry and wet North Alabama conditions, I am convinced this is the perfect tire setup and size. The steering is a little heavy when stopped but perfect when moving. Mud ability is high. Tires clean out great. No rubbing when on technicall trails. Good ground clearance. There may be other tires that preform great also. But I would buy these again and recommend them. The P500 has enough power to keep these spinning and cleaning in the mud. Even sticking clay type. The tire does not hold the engine back. On road stability is very good even with the sway bar removed. Just throw that away. You don’t need it on a 40 mph machine. No stability issues. Ride is also better than stock says my friend who owns the other 500. I ordered ours with these tires so I can’t confirm that. What I like about these tires is on wet slick rock they fight side slipping. You have high camber grip and the ability to go in mud. The pure mud tires that have been in our group have pulled great in mud but side slip on wet rock in high camber. I am on stock bighorns on the 1000 and love them as well. I am still trying to see if one tire is outperforming the other. But so far I can’t tell the difference in the ripsaws and the bighorns.
I went 26x10s on all four corners. If I had gone with 27s the speedometer would be perfectly accurate. The Rip Saws are terrible in sand but a monster in everything else. They definitely do ride better than stock because they are radials. I'm running at 6 psi now and if I drop it down to 4 they will ride even better. I may even be able to make it up that sand hill at 4 psi. ;)

D

Deleted member 3748

Lol, I wondered if you'd even see this post and you saw it right away!
What's funny is I wanted those Rip Saws when I saw yours, had to have some, and then we climbed the hill...I'm good.
We'll see what you think after I drive around you when you're stuck in a mud hole. :D

Reactions: trigger
D

Deleted member 3748

I'm just kidding. Your BH 2s are great tires too. I would have gone with those except I wanted the durability of the Rip Saw.

Reactions: trigger
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I've had both on multiple rigs now and been around several others as well and I love the bh on anything but the 1000 it just doesn't have enough sidewall they were always flat but on lighter rig big fan. Rip saws are excellent on rock,sticks pavement anything really even wet surfaces but I hate them in mud and snow. They get hard in the cold and the Big horns were driving around me in heavy mud at the Takeover something fierce but everywhere else they did excellent. Rip Saw is a very tough tire and take to blazing new trails better then anything I've seen

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
I will buy Rip Saws again and for my riding they are great but if I would go to the beach to chase bikini clad babes I would not use my Rip Saws, will never be able to catch them but they do dig a nice ditch in the sand. Lucky we don't have much sand in Colorado.

Last edited:
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!