E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I put a few miles on the shocks this past Sat, enough to tell a difference, they def don’t bottom out like the stockers the couple of times I hit a perpendicular rut in the trail.

I didn’t get a chance to mess with the settings most of what we rode was slower and technical so I left them on their softest setting. The few times I carried some speed into rough trail they soaked it up like a sponge it was impressive.

I’m think going to wait till my tires show up so I can set them up for a true 8Ply with say 10psi vs a 4ply 6 ply rated tire with 17psi. Unless someone has a better idea which I’m open to.

Send all of that stuff to me and I'll test it for you for the next couple of years and give you actual results.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I put a few miles on the shocks this past Sat, enough to tell a difference, they def don’t bottom out like the stockers the couple of times I hit a perpendicular rut in the trail.

I didn’t get a chance to mess with the settings most of what we rode was slower and technical so I left them on their softest setting. The few times I carried some speed into rough trail they soaked it up like a sponge it was impressive.

I’m think going to wait till my tires show up so I can set them up for a true 8Ply with say 10psi vs a 4ply 6 ply rated tire with 17psi. Unless someone has a better idea which I’m open to.

It looked like it could use some preload in the rear. That’s all I could tell since I never got the invite to drive it. :-(

Reactions: CumminsPusher
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
This month when we go ride I’ll have the rest of the adds, clutch update,and the tires on and you can drive it.

I may be riding shot gun the whole day. Today I stripped mine down for clutch update and IGR. Not sure when that stuff will get done but I started it anyway!

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah not everyone has the same tastes but in some states you really need a tag to get from one trail system to the other without trailering. And some guys enjoy going to Sonic on a warm summer evening or riding the winding mountain roads in the fall.

I wish Alabama would allow them on the road! But I do understand what your talking about. I shake my head at the guys that go in 5 foot of water over the dash intentionally but they enjoy it so that’s all that matters.
Just don’t put your phone in your arm rest!

Reactions: joeymt33
Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 60624

Got me a bigger recovery gear bag from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01BLSTCMQ?tag=sxsweb24-20

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07312V3Y5?tag=sxsweb24-20

It easily holds 4 D-rings, 2 snatch blocks, mini compressor, CO2 kit, folding shovel, limb saw, 3 tree saver straps, a couple of soft shackles and there’s still plenty of room.

The bag has straps that adjust to fit ROPS bars, so far the idea is to strap it to the rear passenger grab handles.

View attachment 60625

View attachment 60626

Got the rear winch mount ready just gotta get the exhaust on so I can make sure I don’t need any adjustments before I clean it up and paint it.

View attachment 60627

View attachment 60628

Got some brake lines from @jak9922 got them on but not tied down, or system bled, at a stopping point for now gotta run some errands.

View attachment 60629
We recovering tanks and such now!

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve heard nothing but good reviews for brake pedal firmness after install and being braided they should hold up better against sticks and short brush.

I haven’t bled the system yet but I hope to continue with a good review.

PM him, he was responsive when I messaged him. They would’ve been here sooner but USPS won’t deliver packages to our house. I have to drive into town to pick them up. Between 8-4 M-F (grumbles angrily about postal workers)
Nothing but a bit of greatness!

Reactions: ohanacreek
Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I may be riding shot gun the whole day. Today I stripped mine down for clutch update and IGR. Not sure when that stuff will get done but I started it anyway!

What’s the hurry on the clutch update? I’m thinking sometime in early 2020 or when the clutch goes out. Which one occurs first.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
What’s the hurry on the clutch update? I’m thinking sometime in early 2020 or when the clutch goes out. Which one occurs first.

I’m opening it up to get the IGR so might as well do both at the same time.

Reactions: Windrock1000
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve heard nothing but good reviews for brake pedal firmness after install and being braided they should hold up better against sticks and short brush.

I haven’t bled the system yet but I hope to continue with a good review.

PM him, he was responsive when I messaged him. They would’ve been here sooner but USPS won’t deliver packages to our house. I have to drive into town to pick them up. Between 8-4 M-F (grumbles angrily about postal workers)

The brake lines are noticeable, before when I would ease off a rock ledge the pedal felt “spongy”, and I didn’t have as much control of the ”ease”.

Now when I ease over the ledge the pedal isn’t spongy and I can control it better.

I like the lines thanks @jak9922!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I would rather keep clutch material out of the oil.

Some of the things I use it for around the house are hard on it and crawling over large rocks and small boulders is not easy on it either. I figure 1” taller tires will affect it as well so why not go ahead an perform the preventative maintenance. Instead of waiting till it’s broke and has possibly caused other issues and it’s out of warranty.

Last edited:
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Make sure you write the check for about $10k too much and ask for change!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My idiot daughter fell for that. What a freaking mess she created.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Make sure you write the check for about $10k too much and ask for change!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My aunt got taken by one of those people when she sold my uncles stuff after he passed.

I have sold stuff and ran across them and now I have a lot of fun wasting those peoples time. Jerk them around for a while, keep them interested and then finally making them hand me the check in person and having the police involved when they did.

Doesn’t get my aunts money back but keeps other people from getting taken.

Reactions: elkguide
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We recovering tanks and such now!

I’m having new shackles forged, just need to find something large enough to move then.

Bc46ef925383cbbeb983f4712b0c4a0a