Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Why not disconnect it on the bottom side where it comes to the hood? It looks like it could be cut back a bit and a few elbows added to get it out to that fender location.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: BWAF
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Why not disconnect it on the bottom side where it comes to the hood? It looks like it could be cut back a bit and a few elbows added to get it out to that fender location.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Running it that way would expose it to damage in the fender well and I'd have to modify the factory intake. As it sits its factory then it just makes a long curve to come out the fender.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ordered a PRV-350, hoping it would be a high enough pre-amp output to properly power the Bar AND Sub, its larger than it said it was on the Amazon description or I would keep it. It solves the pre-amp output problem! The Wetsounds bar/sub draw 11.7amps max for any song I tried at full volume via the WetSounds bluetooth switch, using the PRV-350 in place of the switch the bar/sub draw a max of 28amps depending on the song. Thats a huge increase now I have to decide how I want to fix the problem, using the Infinity headunit means I have to move all but 4 of my switches down to the lower storage area(rewire), and get a new plate from Mystic219 and thats an expensive pain. Wetsounds has a WS-420BT EQ that would fit in the lower storage with little modification but its $400, after more searching I found CMOY headphone amps that would accomplish the same task of boosting the output from the BT Rocker, and I may get one for the bar and sub so I can control them better, that'd be about $50-60 and no reconfiguring of the dash. If I could find a "quality" marine headunit with two pre-amp outputs that would fit in the lower storage area I would pick that up but my search is coming up empty.

Edit: RFosgate PMX-0 looks like it will fit and ONLY has pre-amp outputs.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ordered a PRV-350, hoping it would be a high enough pre-amp output to properly power the Bar AND Sub, its larger than it said it was on the Amazon description or I would keep it. It solves the pre-amp output problem! The Wetsounds bar/sub draw 11.7amps max for any song I tried at full volume via the WetSounds bluetooth switch, using the PRV-350 in place of the switch the bar/sub draw a max of 28amps depending on the song. Thats a huge increase now I have to decide how I want to fix the problem, using the Infinity headunit means I have to move all but 4 of my switches down to the lower storage area(rewire), and get a new plate from Mystic219 and thats an expensive pain. Wetsounds has a WS-420BT EQ that would fit in the lower storage with little modification but its $400, after more searching I found CMOY headphone amps that would accomplish the same task of boosting the output from the BT Rocker, and I may get one for the bar and sub so I can control them better, that'd be about $50-60 and no reconfiguring of the dash. If I could find a "quality" marine headunit with two pre-amp outputs that would fit in the lower storage area I would pick that up but my search is coming up empty.
I think my kicker had two ???

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ragnar406
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think my kicker had two ???

I found Fusion Marine radios, the MS-RA70 looks like it'd be a perfect fit and well sealed for the application. Maybe I am out of the know but I've never heard of them, seems like they are a very popular radio overseas and have just started to make a "splash" here.

Reactions: Ragnar406 and BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I found Fusion Marine radios, the MS-RA70 looks like it'd be a perfect fit and well sealed for the application. Maybe I am out of the know but I've never heard of them, seems like they are a very popular radio overseas and have just started to make a "splash" here.
It looks good. Here's the model I used 67d9f2c3e2b9d707aa5177d316ab04aa

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you do an overhaul id be interested in you're switchplate...:D

Reactions: ohanacreek
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ha ok, but I don’t think it’s happening that’s just too much work when I can just add the radio to the lower storage.
Lol...i dont blame you...i got some stuff inwant to add but i dont want to redo my switchplate..

Reactions: ohanacreek
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lol...i dont blame you...i got some stuff inwant to add but i dont want to redo my switchplate..

I made all the circuits end at that switchplate so I’d have to extend A LOT of wire to get it down below.

There are actually 3 more circuits ready to use but they are all too short to move down.

Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Before I decided on the NOAM system, I was thinking about going with the Fusion radio... it was installed in the camper we rented on the Mulberry ride which is why I started looking at them. I just wanted bluetooth streaming and didn't need the pre-outs and found the NOAM so I went with it.

Reactions: Ragnar406 and BWAF
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Before I decided on the NOAM system, I was thinking about going with the Fusion radio... it was installed in the camper we rented on the Mulberry ride which is why I started looking at them. I just wanted bluetooth streaming and didn't need the pre-outs and found the NOAM so I went with it.

Good info thanks, I am the opposite just need the pre-outs, so I’m leaning toward the Fosgate it’s smaller cheaper and is a known name. I’d like FM and a basic EQ

I’ve got other Pioneer projects I’m going to finish first while I decide, since it’s working fine just not correctly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Landman and BWAF
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got my decals from @jrplaza2008 at CreativeUTVGraphics installed at lunch.

They look awesome. I won the bedside decals at the [HASHTAG]#takeover[/HASHTAG] I paid a bit extra and they did a custom background for me afterward, I bought the red lettering from them while I was there at the Takeover since the shocks are red and the hooks are red it was a nice color highlight.

Awesome company to work with and the decals look great. Thanks Walter

0E3E0A41 E6D9 409E BE76 F421BD0313B8 3A609A54 4BBD 40D1 9655 0DA9D6F3A907
32F37ED3 5FFD 4607 A0AD 3CABAEA7005C F501223E 52CA 4E54 829C 1ACFC004023F

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Update: A CMOY amp is no better than the headunit with multiple pre-outs, doesn’t have anything but a volume adjustment and can’t be easily adjusted.

So either the RF PMX-0 or the Fusion MS-RA70 is going to get ordered....later. Since after seeing the measly 5amp draw of my “240watt” (**cough** BULLs***!) 40” lightbar, and the light output of the RoughCountry I have a 20” Single Row Black series on backorder. Went with the 20” vs 12” because I am not adding pod lights back to the front.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

The Infinity is really clear but it doesn’t scream with power that’s why I’m running the Fosgate amps.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Infinity is really clear but it doesn’t scream with power that’s why I’m running the Fosgate amps.
Yeah the WetSounds is powered I just need a higher powered preamp or multiple preamp outputs. I had the PRV250 on my 700, and the reason I tried the 350 first but it was too big.