Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I also tried wrapping the exhaust on the 700 and it did no good. I do believe @snuffnwhisky wrapped the exhaust on the 1000. I think he said it really did not make a difference. But I could just be remembering it wrong

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I also tried wrapping the exhaust on the 700 and it did no good. I do believe @snuffnwhisky wrapped the exhaust on the 1000. I think he said it really did not make a difference. But I could just be remembering it wrong
I really didn't notice a difference and took it off. I also at the time ceramic painted the exhaust and heat shields.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good looking belts

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

I’m going to try to get them in sometime in the next few weeks. If anyone feels like one upping me and doing it first send the templates please.

Reactions: BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought standard 4 point for front and rear just haven't got time to put them in yet back should be easy front might make cross bar
I’m going to try to get them in sometime in the next few weeks. If anyone feels like one upping me and doing it first send the templates please.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What kind of template are you after

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What kind of template are you after

I was kidding mainly prodding a couple of other members to get started.

The retracts on the over shoulder belts have to have the mounting bolts pointing UP so the belts will operate normally, so a standard crossbar won’t work. I’m going to have to make something similar that will set them low enough but also let the bed raise.

They will fit but it’ll be more than a simple cross bar. I knew that going in but standard harnesses while vastly more secure for what they are intended for are a PITA to use if you are in and out of the machine.

Reactions: Cuoutdoors and BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was kidding mainly prodding a couple of other members to get started.

The retracts on the over shoulder belts have to have the mounting bolts pointing UP so the belts will operate normally, so a standard crossbar won’t work. I’m going to have to make something similar that will set them low enough but also let the bed raise.

They will fit but it’ll be more than a simple cross bar. I knew that going in but standard harnesses while vastly more secure for what they are intended for are a PITA to use if you are in and out of the machine.
Gotcha

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is there a template? I think I may want to add this to keep heat off my intake if I snorkel out the back. Has anyone put heat wrap on the exhaust?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

A thought but what if you wrapped the intake instead? It would insulate the intake so that the radiated heat from the exhaust would be less likely to warm the air as much in the intake or melt the intake.

The wrap on the exhaust gets near as makes no difference as hot as the exhaust so it’s going to radiate almost as much heat.

Reactions: BWAF and Cuoutdoors
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
5A60AE5F 2F81 44D6 A753 D610945AC6C1

100lbs of TN spiders and Foliage and 3hrs later

18815CDF D93C 4C32 A4B9 E75121559456

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got tired of digging through a massive action packer or spare cooler, I saw these Ridgid boxes at HomeDepot. You can get Milwaukee or DeWalt but I wasn’t paying 2-3 times as much for a big name brand to prove anything. They are relatively cheap $24 for small and $39 for large, water resistant(you can’t submerge them but I haven’t had anything get wet in rain or washing off.)

I have my tools and tire patch/repair kit under the seat in a Fat50, my recovery gear[(3) Blocks, (4)shackles, 50’ winchline, 50’ extension, (3) tree straps, CO2 inflator kit and spare tierods, in drybags in the right rear door(to shift weight to passenger side) and TP in drybag in the left rear door]

I can tie down any combination of the Ridgid boxes with (4) 7”x1/4-20 bolts and two short ratchet straps. In the lower latch point of any of the boxes. I considered other attachment methods but they all had downside and this works just fine.

The cooler is an Ozark Trail 26 it JUST fits, with the tailgate up. I had to pick up a drain on Amazon because it lacks one, but it is tied down to the bed with a single ratchet strap through the built in loops and I can get in it by dropping the tail gate and opening the lid.

I’ve had these for a while and so far I am really happy with how they work. Since I use a hammock tent I don’t have to unload the bed to setup camp. Everything stays tied down and inmplace on steep or off camber riding and also when you’re driving much faster and harder than you should. Nothing has ever come loose. They are EASY to get in and out of no unstrapping or digging. The box on top is latched to the lower box so you just open the one you need in and the top one(s) move with the lower lid. They are light maybe 1-2lbs a piece maybe 2-3lbs for the medium ones.

2387B441 9C21 4B8F 9E2D 38F2C38623E1 89328A2C 9FE1 4FA0 8B2F FAD01A2854DF

BE681310 934C 43DF BC6C 9E7C86F00B67
Clothes and rain gear
F4311B05 EA0A 4009 8712 5ADB433C984F
JetBoil and offbrand coffee/Coffee Press
(dishwasher at the moment)F0B645D1 A6E2 4575 BEC3 F8CFE8709A67
Dehydrated Meals
FAD143A9 C147 4FD2 BEB4 60A28CDE36F2
Empty for easy access for random items for a trip.

D8DAAA93 86C9 40FA AD9D E48F3A7B1C85
First Aide and toiletries.
Waiting on my First Aid pieces to get here.
(Hose is now in bedside storage with a bilge pump, good for cleaning radiators, Pioneer, or you)
CBD8B68F E72B 4710 946E FA178EBEA04C
Hammock tent, under quilt, folding camp chair, Thermocell bug repeller, (3) 12v lights on a string, 500’ of 500cord, sleeping bag(removed for picture)

I’m getting my wife to make me stickers for the first aid box.

Edit: With some coordination there’s enough room for 2 peoples stuff except a second tent/sleeping bag. But I’ve got a drybag I can stick those in.

Last edited:
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got tired of digging through a massive action packer or spare cooler, I saw these Ridgid boxes at HomeDepot. You can get Milwaukee or DeWalt but I wasn’t paying 2-3 times as much for a big name brand to prove anything. They are relatively cheap $24 for small and $39 for large, water resistant(you can’t submerge them but I haven’t had anything get wet in rain or washing off.)

I have my tools and tire patch/repair kit under the seat in a Fat50, my recovery gear[(3) Blocks, (4)shackles, 50’ winchline, 50’ extension, (3) tree straps, CO2 inflator kit and spare tierods, in drybags in the right rear door(to shift weight to passenger side) and TP in drybag in the left rear door]

I can tie down any combination of the Ridgid boxes with (4) 7”x1/4-20 bolts and two short ratchet straps. In the lower latch point of any of the boxes. I considered other attachment methods but they all had downside and this works just fine.

The cooler is an Ozark Trail 26 it JUST fits, with the tailgate up. I had to pick up a drain on Amazon because it lacks one, but it is tied down to the bed with a single ratchet strap through the built in loops and I can get in it by dropping the tail gate and opening the lid.

I’ve had these for a while and so far I am really happy with how they work. Since I use a hammock tent I don’t have to unload the bed to setup camp. Everything stays tied down and inmplace on steep or off camber riding and also when you’re driving much faster and harder than you should. Nothing has ever come loose. They are EASY to get in and out of no unstrapping or digging. The box on top is latched to the lower box so you just open the one you need in and the top one(s) move with the lower lid. They are light maybe 1-2lbs a piece maybe 2-3lbs for the medium ones.

View attachment 87341 View attachment 87342

View attachment 87343
Clothes and rain gear
View attachment 87344
(dishwasher at the moment)View attachment 87345
Dehydrated Meals
View attachment 87346

View attachment 87347
(Hose is now in bedside storage with a bilge pump, good for cleaning radiators, Pioneer, or you)
View attachment 87348
Hammock tent, under quilt, folding camp chair, Thermocell bug repeller, (3) 12v lights on a string, 500’ of 500cord, sleeping bag(removed for picture)

Edit: With some coordination there’s enough room for 2 peoples stuff except a second tent/sleeping bag. But I’ve got a drybag I can stick those in.
Nice setup..i have one of the small rigid boxes and really like it

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That is a good idea for vehicle storage. Love Ridged, I own nothing else any longer. Lifetime warranty on everything including batts, you can’t go wrong.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is a good idea for vehicle storage. Love Ridged, I own nothing else any longer. Lifetime warranty on everything including batts, you can’t go wrong.

I know right??? There are a couple of features the Milwaukee drills have I'd like to have on the Ridgid but Im not paying 2-3 times as much and paying more for batteries over the next 2-3 years than I paid for the whole kit.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3

View attachment 87341 View attachment 87342

View attachment 87343
Clothes and rain gear
View attachment 87344
(dishwasher at the moment)View attachment 87345
Dehydrated Meals
View attachment 87346

View attachment 87347
View attachment 87348

Nice setup. I'm working on putting some boxes like this together for Colorado next week. How did you hold them down? I'm confused about the 7" bolt.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I like those Ridgid boxes. Im using a big Pelican case right now, but have been thinking of switching to something like that to separate things better. And I like they are stack-able.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like those Ridgid boxes. Im using a big Pelican case right now, but have been thinking of switching to something like that to separate things better. And I like they are stack-able.

I have pelican cases , but like you said they aren’t stackable and EXPENSIVE.

I actually sold a couple at last takeover.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

They aren't perfect they could be a slightly different width and depth to really maximize what fits in the bed, but for me they are reasonably affordable, stay put, light, and easy to access. Its my perfectionist personality, I can nitpick everything to death, which is why I am always looking for something better.