Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Now that i got my lift on, im gonna put on some 28X10x14 tires on my stock deluxe wheels. I ride a little muddy condition locally, and WV which has a little bit of it all. However, in WV we do some road riding between trails and at home i will around the nieghborhood with the kids. I wanted the EVO's but know they wont hold up to that riding. So im considering the Roctane XD. Anyone have experience on how they wear?

If Roctanes wont hold up my next choice will be the EFX motoclaw, The only reason I havent picked those first is the Roctane is lighter, looks like it would do better in the mud, and is cheaper.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Not sure this info will help. But.
Buddie has about 2000 miles on his roctanes.
Would say he rides 40% road to and from the trails.
Look like they have 1/2 tread left on them now.

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Not sure this info will help. But.
Buddie has about 2000 miles on his roctanes.
Would say he rides 40% road to and from the trails.
Look like they have 1/2 tread left on them now.

yep, just what i wanted to know, thanks. Amazing how i drive all the way to WV and seem to ride on the roads half the time going from trail to trail haha.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
yep, just what i wanted to know, thanks. Amazing how i drive all the way to WV and seem to ride on the roads half the time going from trail to trail haha.
Wagonwheel area? There are lots of trails to everywhere, just need to find them vs skipping them for a quicker road path. lol.
We have done the same tho. lol.

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
yep, and staying at ashland doesnt help. Trails everywhere, we just do a bad job planning. Typically we just get on a trail and ride till it ends, then go find another one. Even with BobT maps, that just makes it so we can get home at the end of the night... which sometimes doesnt work either when you find a trail thats not passable.

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
You might want to take a look at the Tusk Terrabite as your secound choice.
I was thinking MotoClaws too because I liked the looks of the tread pattern until this forum talked me out of it,and I examined them more closely the Motoclaw's lug are closer together at the edges of the tire and more open in the middle, where as the Terrabite's are close in the middle and open at the edges

P1000 - Tusk terrabite dot tires

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
You might want to take a look at the Tusk Terrabite as your secound choice.
I was thinking MotoClaws too because I liked the looks of the tread pattern until this forum talked me out of it,and I examined them more closely the Motoclaw's lug are closer together at the edges of the tire and more open in the middle, where as the Terrabite's are close in the middle and open at the edges

P1000 - Tusk terrabite dot tires

Thanks, I do like those too. They look pretty good. And the weight is much better as well.

500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
I have 26 inch roctanes on my p5 with 5,000 miles on them. I spend about 10% on pavement and 25% gravel roads. I didn't see much wear on the tires untill lately. I did cut a sidewall on one of the tires after 2,000 miles,the other tires look good for their age. I am going for bighorns next time cause the roctanes are too stiff and the p500 needs all the help it can get in the suspension department.

Reactions: Honda1000-5 and lee
BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
Roctanes are one heck of a tough tire. if you are wanting a tire that performs well in the mud and the road it would be hard to beat them.

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like mine. They are loud, but stable on the pavement. I try to avoid pavement at all costs, but ride some. I have about 600 miles on mine. I cut the passenger front sidewall at the Overland Adventure when I hit something in the high grass. Plugged it and holding air well. When I go to 28" I'm not sure what I'll do. Looking at the Tusk Terrabites as well because they are lighter and will hold up to the pavement and hard pack/gravel I ride the most. We'll see how deer season goes this year with the Roctanes as well.

Reactions: JTW and Dragon21

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!