P500 Roll Cage Bolt Torque Specs

P

PeterWirick

Mar 18, 2019
Central US
Ownership

1. 500
Hello all, new to this forum and new to my P500 (which is awesome). I was looking things over at my first service and noticed that almost all of the roll cage bolts were moderately loose - some were completely loose. Does anyone know if there are factory torque specs for these?

Thanks in advance!

Peter W.

PS - I searched for a thread on this issue and found nothing helpful, but I could have missed something so feel free to point me in the right direction.

Reactions: 500oneer
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Welcome.
Thanks for searching. But I dont recall it being discussed.

For me I would go a good old fashion "good and tight".

Anyways.
Manual list the OPS nut at 36 lbf-ft

FYI.
Since your asking about torque specs.
DO NOT TORQUE the oil filter cover bolts. You need to use the good and snug method so you can feel for bolt stretching. Use a 1/4 ratchet and do not over tighten them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
YEAH IF THE DEALER IS NOT FAR TAKE IT TO THEM TELL THEM TO DO THERE JOB AND YOU EXPECT YOUR FIRST SERVICE FOR FREE

Reactions: PeterWirick
alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Great comments above and would likely follow up with the dealer on it and ask to see the set up/prep sheet. I suspect the battery wasn’t charged up as well and would consider adding a tender to the unit and plug it in when sitting.

P

PeterWirick

Mar 18, 2019
Central US
Ownership

1. 500
Great comments above and would likely follow up with the dealer on it and ask to see the set up/prep sheet. I suspect the battery wasn’t charged up as well and would consider adding a tender to the unit and plug it in when sitting.
Thanks for all the comments, I didn't have any trouble with the filter cover, but I'll be really cautious in the future. As to the bolts, I wasn't impressed with the dealer's PDI (pre-delivery inspection) after finding the loose bolts. I think the battery is fine so far b/c the unit started fine on one of the cold days we had recently. Time will tell when winter makes its appearance. I do have several tenders and I'm a big fan so I'll be installing that soon.

Again, thanks for all the great comments!

Reactions: trigger
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Welcome to the forum. Dealer’s lack of attention to a key safety componet not good. Informing the owner in a constructive way might help others, sometimes employee coaching is a good thing. And if they are not receptive, submit a comment to Honda. Requesting a pre-delivery checklist Is smart so you can go over the items yourself to make sure nothing else was missed.
Contact Us - Honda Powersports

Last edited:
H

HondaTech

Batteries come pre filled and charged since these are driven off the truck.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!