Dec 11, 2018
Mooresville, NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Rolling off the assembly line...

H

HondaTech

Hmmm....

I'm wondering if they'll ship with the cage installed?

Last edited:
Reactions: sharp
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
The P1K has everything but the nets, beltsnl, front bumper and skid plates. Only the 700 and 500 have the cages off.

I'll almost bet these come pretty much assembled like the P1K.
I would think so too, especially since the plastic roof is standard. Only common sense way is to ship installed or packaged separately in multiple units.

H

HondaTech

I would think so too, especially since the plastic roof is standard. Only common sense way is to ship installed or packaged separately in multiple units.

We've been down the "accessories ship separate" road before. I would like to think they've learned their lesson in that regard.

What a nightmare.

Last edited:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
The P1K has everything but the nets, beltsnl, front bumper and skid plates. Only the 700 and 500 have the cages off.

I'll almost bet these come pretty much assembled like the P1K.

@HondaTech this video shows shipping cage off, just released 45 min ago.

Screenshot 20190116 185316 Facebook

Reactions: swsebek and BWAF
H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
That could be the warehouse storage rack so they can stack them 3 or 4 high. I expect they will install the cage and roof before shipping to the dealers.

Reactions: BWAF
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
This is from south Carolina. Theyll get shipped to a warehouse where they get assembled somewhat, then shipped to us.

The P1K is done the same, not sure why the 700 and 500 arent.
Ah, OK

1Ron

Dec 18, 2018
Rockies
Ownership

1. Other Brand
With the shortage of Truck Drivers Honda and others will be looking for ways to package more vehicles per load.
I recently read that In spite of 10~11% pay increases the driver shortage remains unchanged in 2019. 25% of drivers now earn $80K or more. Younger people have more options and gravitate to more stable jobs with regular hours. Yesterday I drove from Boise ID to St George UT and saw 3 trucks jackknifed and off the road. Several were wandering into other lanes, scary to pass. Distracted driving or inexperience would be my guess. Conditions weren’t bad with occasional slush on passes of 3-$” inches but not many trucks slowed down.

Reactions: swsebek

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!