P1000m5 Roof Rack for P1K-5 LE

UKNB

UKNB

Apr 18, 2017
Fredericton NB Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Trying to solve my spare tire carrying options. @Moses has a great tailgate build and would be my preferred option, but with CAN/US $$ exchange and most probably a bit of duty, it is a tad out of what I really would like to pay. @RickB shows another rack setup.

I saw a couple of members with roof racks. Got to thinking that this could be my problem solver. One build had a bit of a drop arm off the back of the rack supporting a tire by @zumper ... I liked how it was done. But for simplicity sake and looking for more of a turn-key-strap-on-and-go approach, I would be very interested in how others have made out with roof rack installs.

I am most curious on how you accomplished carrying the weight and attaching the rack to the ROPS and not on the roof (thinking the roof isn't really a load bearing structure. And I hope I still have clearance to my garage.

Pictures are worth 1000 words if you have any!!! Oh ya ... 1 hr and 20 minutes till the delivery of my P1K-5LE from the dealership.... a bit anxious today!!!! Correction ... just got a text that he's 15 min out!! (Momma doesnt quite have my enthusium)

Last edited:
Reactions: vince
UKNB

UKNB

Apr 18, 2017
Fredericton NB Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well had to send the machine back to dealer..... they installed the wrong wind shield. And ontop of that, gas tank was virtually empty, the free trail pass was missing, forgot my 2 complimentary helmets were not with him and the windshield still had a big X of gum residue from tape that was removed from shipping... not a good start to a happy relationship with a dealership... Promise it by Friday for a ride I had scheduled but not very confident. Oh this emotional rollercoaster !!!!!! (But it did look awesome on the back of his trailer just the same)

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It will look even better from behind the steering wheel!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!