P1000 Roof??

G

gearguywb

Jul 21, 2019
Kansas City
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Looking to purchase a 1000-5 here very soon and the first item will be a roof.

Looking at the Honda OEM as well as something like the Tusk. I will want to eventually go with the flip up windshield and do the ARB awning mount on the rear.

It would seem the aluminum roofs offer some advantages, but my Teryx 4 had a factory plastic roof that always worked well.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Ultrasonic1

Ultrasonic1

Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
Nomadic
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just switched to a Honda plastic roof from a cloth roof this winter, I’m super happy with it so far. I have the SuperAtv flip windshield and it has been great also.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Looking at the Honda OEM as well as something like the Tusk. I will want to eventually go with the flip up windshield and do the ARB awning mount on the rear.

It would seem the aluminum roofs offer some advantages, but my Teryx 4 had a factory plastic roof that always worked well.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Honda roof all the way. Only negative was it made it a few inches taller. I just barely fit in my crappy garage now. Any taller and I would have to remove my roof everytime I put my machine up.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Honda roof is really tough. Covers the edges of the roll bars smoothly so it works great to pivot around trees. Quick snap off if needed

Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
The oem roof is a good one. My advice is to have the dealer add it and negotiate the price when haggling for the pioneer.

G

gearguywb

Jul 21, 2019
Kansas City
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Thanks guys!

Does anyone know wha the max height is with the Honda roof? I had 28's on my Teryx and it just BARELY cleared the garage door and I am concerned with how tall the Pioneer is.

Ultrasonic1

Ultrasonic1

Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
Nomadic
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks guys!

Does anyone know wha the max height is with the Honda roof? I had 28's on my Teryx and it just BARELY cleared the garage door and I am concerned with how tall the Pioneer is.
4-6” less after your chop! 😉

Reactions: Isaiah and TripleB
Formula1

Formula1

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2020
SE Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks guys!

I just measured, looks like just under 78". Mine is a deluxe with stock 14" wheels/tires and Fox shocks.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was surprised at how little noise comes from the Honda roof.

My 08 Polaris Ranger with its plastic roof sounded like a kazoo festival when put putting around the yard.

Reactions: Mudwing
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think you’ll be hard pressed to find a better roof than the Honda.

Reactions: Vikes79 and Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!