P500 Run-A-Muck has been branded

oldfokker

oldfokker

Oct 31, 2018
Quadra Island, BC
Ownership

1. 500
My P500 is officially Run-A-Muck. My daughter and I branded it tonight. Pictures of my mods will be forthcoming.

5F156CFE E6C9 455C 8865 ED6A0CDD8319

oldfokker

oldfokker

Oct 31, 2018
Quadra Island, BC
Ownership

1. 500
Ok as promised here are some pics of my mods. I have added a Honda roof and hard coated windshield along with a Honda winch. These were all goodies that I had ordered the day I bought Run-A-Muck and they got me started adding things (it’s a sickness I’m sure). I needed a box to carry my chainsaw and stuff so I built one for the rear rack with a spare tire rack that I took off an old rv.
About this time I found HondaSXS and read almost all of the old posts. I apologize as I can’t remember who the posters were but I went to Wal-Mart and bought the plastic box that fits under the hood, disabled my reverse lock out, and disconnected the rear sway bar.
By now my wife thinks I’m daffy removing things from a brand new sxs but she did complain that she couldn’t find her seat belt on a night ride and suggested that while I’m changing things I should add an interior light. That’s a great idea so I logged onto Amazon and found that I could get programmable LED light strips for the same price as an interior light so I put them into my cart. Wait a minute! I just saw that there are some cheap light bars advertised also, so I’d better get one of those too and into the cart it goes. That should brighten things up up front but what about reverse? I need back up lights so I found a set of four LED cubes that weren’t to costly so those got moved to my cart also.
While waiting for my delivery I got bored so I made a defroster for the windshield. Living beside the ocean in Canada is great but the windshield gets kinda foggy on cold nights. I had a spare blower for the engine compartment of my boat so I got some 2 1/2” heater hose that fit on the blower. I made a fairing that fit around the head of the engine and plumbed the heater hose to that then ran it up the roll cage and under the roof and fashioned a “Y” out of old vacuum hose to serve as vents to focus the air where I wanted it. This works just ok so I need to redesign my fairing to pick up more hot air. Also I can’t go diving into big puddles with the fan on or everything gets foggy real fast :(
I’ll work on that later as my package is here. I mounted the 12” light bar between the headlights and 2 cubes at the bottom of the A pillars at the corners of the windshield. I installed the LED strips for my wife and went to mount the backup lights but can’t find a mounting place that I like. I guess that I need a rear bumper so I made one out of some 2” aluminium tube that I had laying around. Now I have a place to mount the backup lights. Ok I went to my shop to grab some switches and the ones that I had looked like crap on the dash panel. Looks like it’s back to Amazon. I found a set of 5 switches with a mount and put that into the cart. The cart looked too empty so I also added a small cheap tachometer/volt gauge and of course I also needed a wireless remote for my winch. Now the cart looks better. Click order.
I mounted the switch panel under the center of the dash and wired all of my lights (interior, light bar and backup), and the defroster fan.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I want bigger tires too but Mama says that I can’t have any until the stock ones wear out. Did you know that even with that torquey engine the P5 will not burn rubber on asphalt?

View attachment 99846 View attachment 99847 View attachment 99848 View attachment 99849 View attachment 99850 View attachment 99851
Have you tried putting the front bumper against a wall or a tree? Maybe a little water on the surface to get things started as well? I'm not saying it will work, but I'm curious as to how much effort you've put into this adventure.

Had a buddy of mine in high school bet me $20 I couldn't chirp the tires in my 5spd dodge omni at 55mph. The look on his face when I yanked the e-brake was priceless.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Pretty well all of my riding is done on hard packed logging roads so they should wear quickly.
Run it on asphalt or concrete it speeds the process up tremendously. Or pull one of my stunts and do it anyway mine was over it by day 3. Plus you can call it running a muck with your wallet.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Reactions: oldfokker
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Someones been busy. Been thinking about the marine blower for pulling in engine heat, and just using a toggle switch to cut it off for steamy water crossings. Any pics of the engine fairing? Have you seen the walmart 3 gal. Trash can storage mod for the hole under the drivers seat, shape it with heat gun. Use mine for seldom used stuff/ water jug.
P500 - dirt cheap underseat storage
ps. Good nickname!

oldfokker

oldfokker

Oct 31, 2018
Quadra Island, BC
Ownership

1. 500
Someones been busy. Been thinking about the marine blower for pulling in engine heat, and just using a toggle switch to cut it off for steamy water crossings. Any pics of the engine fairing? Have you seen the walmart 3 gal. Trash can storage mod for the hole under the drivers seat, shape it with heat gun. Use mine for seldom used stuff/ water jug.
ps. Good nickname!
Thx Mudder. Kinda hard to get a picture but what I did was just split the heater vent hose and fit it sort of around the head. I’m going to be changing it though as I want some more heat. I’m going to make something to take the air from around the exhaust header (maybe a customized tin can) and I will post pics here when I get it installed. Thank you for the link.

D

Deleted member 3748

My stocks made it about 1000 miles before they were worn out. :(

oldfokker

oldfokker

Oct 31, 2018
Quadra Island, BC
Ownership

1. 500
My stocks made it about 1000 miles before they were worn out. :(
Yea these tires aren’t holding up very well. I wish I had read all the comments on this forum before I bought it and made a deal to switch them out before delivery

oldfokker

oldfokker

Oct 31, 2018
Quadra Island, BC
Ownership

1. 500
ps. Good nickname!
I changed the location of where I get my heat and it blows warmer air. It’s still not hot but with the volume of air that the fan puts out the temperature seems to work fine. I still have to come up with a better design to spread the air onto the windshield.
I ran 3” heater vent hose down into the elbow of the exhaust pipe by the oxygen sensor, then attached it with duct tape to the blower and threaded the outlet vent pipe behind the seat up to the roof and then to above the windshield where I split the vent into two. I took it out for a ride last night and as the engine works the air gets much warmer so it works for me. If anybody does this that has an enclosed cab be careful that your exhaust pipe does not leak. CO is a killer.

0E59607A 8385 4ACC 91BA 636AAE1963E9 BF02C1FE 20FA 414A 91C2 19965D892B7D BA40F670 5907 4238 A30B F2E95E0FD479 F773B58B 8CBB 46EA A329 46D661C19720 F86636DC E151 4235 9A18 F97FC0C9B2F4 12697D29 91F0 4D6D B806 7327D555545E

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
I want bigger tires too but Mama says that I can’t have any until the stock ones wear out. Did you know that even with that torquey engine the P5 will not burn rubber on asphalt?

View attachment 99846 View attachment 99847 View attachment 99848 View attachment 99849 View attachment 99850 View attachment 99851

Tell her the truth @oldfokker those tires come from the factory worn out.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!