P700 Rust already

Parmer84

Parmer84

Dec 15, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 700-4
Is this stuff supposed to have surface rust so quickly? I know they use alot of salt up here...should I be lubricating this stuff? Machine is 3 weeks old.

20200109 190147

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Is this stuff supposed to have surface rust so quickly? I know they use alot of salt up here...should I be lubricating this stuff? Machine is 3 weeks old.

View attachment 175471
mine did that on the tie rod like 2 months in and stayed like that for about 5 yrs. its just thin paint on that part cause its wearable.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

B

BadDog

Mar 31, 2014
Michigan
Give it time, the rust will get worse. In the winter I use an open trailer when I ice fish. If there's salt on the roads, I wash it before putting her away. The front bumper, ROP cage, and some of the undercarriage are showing signs. I'll be hitting it with some POR-15 in the spring.

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 175471
Give it time, the rust will get worse. In the winter I use an open trailer when I ice fish. If there's salt on the roads, I wash it before putting her away. The front bumper, ROP cage, and some of the undercarriage are showing signs. I'll be hitting it with some POR-15 in the spring.
Same for me . Drive shafts have surface rust and rops where I've rubbed trees etc. Mine is 18' model and I plan on touch ups this spring also. Just stay on top of it and it will b fine

Reactions: Mudwing
R

rickoshea

my white truck does that. every spring i have to remove it.it was from brake dust.

Gorms

Gorms

Mar 23, 2019
Mass
Ownership

1. 700-4

Just remember that POR-15 doesnt last long when exposed to sunlight. And not to get off topic, but I've had better luck with oil-based rustoleum at a fraction of the price.

Reactions: 70Bones
70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
Spray paint those spots for a year or so, then when you get tired of that, undercoat it with Krown or Fluid Film or Rust Check, or another oil based undercoating.

Parmer84

Parmer84

Dec 15, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 700-4
I sanded and put herculiner on my 01 rubicon racks 2 years ago and that has held up really good and looks nice. 1 quart goes a long way. If worse comes to worse I will do that again.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!