P1000 Safety flag, safety triangle.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did some searching on here and I did not see any posts regarding mounting of a safety flag or slow moving triangle to the ROPS. So I did some thinking and came up with a plan and I figured I could post it on here. I bought some led tube mounts and flag spring whip from Amazon. I bought the safety triangle and mount from tractor supply.

For the slow moving triangle I bolted the tractor supply mount to the Amazon led tube mounts. I wrapped electrical tape around the ROPS to get the led tube mounts secure onto the tube and just bolted it all together.

For the flag whip spring mount I used the led tube mounts spaced apart using large nuts. I had a longer bolt for the spring whip mount laying around so I used that to replace the bolt the spring came with. I spaced them to make the whip more sturdy. I used electrical tape on the ROPS to make the led tube mounts secure as well.

This is my mount I used for the safety triangle

This is the mount I used for the safety flag

This is the flag spring mount I used

IMG 20200804 185037 IMG 20200804 185042 IMG 20200804 185045 IMG 20200804 185032 IMG 20200804 185021

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did some searching on here and I did not see any posts regarding mounting of a safety flag or slow moving triangle to the ROPS. So I did some thinking and came up with a plan and I figured I could post it on here. I bought some led tube mounts and flag spring whip from Amazon. I bought the safety triangle and mount from tractor supply.

For the slow moving triangle I bolted the tractor supply mount to the Amazon led tube mounts. I wrapped electrical tape around the ROPS to get the led tube mounts secure onto the tube and just bolted it all together.

For the flag whip spring mount I used the led tube mounts spaced apart using large nuts. I had a longer bolt for the spring whip mount laying around so I used that to replace the bolt the spring came with. I spaced them to make the whip more sturdy. I used electrical tape on the ROPS to make the led tube mounts secure as well.

This is my mount I used for the safety triangle

This is the mount I used for the safety flag

This is the flag spring mount I used

View attachment 216786 View attachment 216787 View attachment 216788 View attachment 216789 View attachment 216791
I went with here but that should work

20181109 135234

JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
In Texas, the triangle is supposed to 6ft above ground! I riveted mine just above the Backup light, and trimmed the top to be flush so overhead limbs would not take it out

Reactions: Lady01 and Biteme
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is what I found on Missouri law

SMV EMBLEM — Missouri law requires that no
person shall operate on any public high-
way of this state any slow-moving vehicle
or equipment after sunset to one-half hour
before sunrise, or any other machinery,
designed for use or normally operated at
speeds less than 25 miles per hour, unless
there is displayed on the rear a base down
equilateral triangle of fluorescent yel-
low-orange film or equivalent quality paint
with a base of not less than 14 inches and
altitude of not less than 12 inches. Such
triangle shall be bordered with reflective
red stripes having a minimum width of one
and three-fourths inches, with the vertices
of the overall triangle truncated such that
the remaining altitude shall be a mini-
mum of 14 inches. Such emblem shall be
mounted on the rear of such vehicle near
the horizontal geometric center of the re-
armost vehicle at a height of not less than
four feet above the roadway, and shall be
maintained in a clean, reflective condition.

I placed mine high so it wouldn't be in the way of the bed. Technically my machine is faster than 25mph :p however the small town that I live next to that I drive into requires the triangle and requires a speed limit of 25mph.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did the flag mount because on our vacation we are going to we are taking the pioneer to some sand dunes and they require the flag to be 10ft or higher from the ground.

t-bear

t-bear

Nov 11, 2019
NE OK
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Zip ties to upper driver rear ROPS for my triangle. I had Jared at Dirt Road Fabrication add a whip mount to the spare tire/fuel carrier I bought from him.

Reactions: Biteme
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
On a side note

At the sand dunes in Michigan the flag is required to be mounted to the front of the machine. They also require a very specific flag we have to purchase on sight. It took some last minute modifications and a kind atv shop that was local there to get our flag properly setup.

BigMac

BigMac

Sep 22, 2015
Ownership

1. 700-2
Used the top existing bed screw with bottom plastic predrilled triangle opening. Got triangle from farm supply. Easy to remove just one screw. Had to use small Philips screwdriver to line up plate hole to to top existing bed mounting screw. Only has one hold down but should work fine on road.

Last edited:
StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Utah street legal is pretty flexible - horn, turn signals and side mirrors and you generally can drive anywhere except Federal Interstates and Salt Lake City.

So I have nothing to add to the Amish Triangle discussion (yes, I lived in Illinois and will always think of horse carts when I see one).

There are only a few areas around that require a flag, like Little Sahara and Sand Hollow, so I wanted a way to quickly attach and detach my flag as needed. I can also take it off when trailering.

I found a heavy duty ROPS clamp with a large enough diameter mount hole for my flag. Two crescent wrenches, one left handed, the other right, will install and remove in seconds. I loosely wrap a bungee up higher to reduce the stress on the pole at the bottom. Works great.

And yes, my flag is the Be Happy face. I'm a nice guy and want to spread peace and harmony.
If you don't like it, go f_c_ yourself.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!